had my baby…

  • This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #17384

      Well i had niggly pains very early morning after doing the deed using a franga. Nothing bad though and no real pain there. Got up about 11am Monday and these tiny pains started getting worse and thought maybe this is it but then it was still in the back of my mind that it wasn’t it. I rang the hospital after putting up with the pains for about 15mins and she told me that i sounded too calm to be in labour and wait another hour. Pfft….i wasn’t going to ring her in the middle of a contraction coz it hurt too much to speak.

      I went in and told hubby i had just rang em coz i had pains and next thing he asks me is ‘Can you make me a cuppa?" lol i told him ill try but i can barely walk, at that stage he thought it was those ‘niggly’ pains and wasn’t real until i told him i think its the real thing happening.

      I then got Skye out of bed and had a shower, i sat down as i normally do and they started getting real intense i could barely move. I had to get out of there and couldn’t get up so i crawled out, skye didn’t know what the hell was going on. Got to the bedroom and got ready to come to the hosp, took me like 5 goes to try and get undies on and i stood up and POP the waters broke, At this stage Hubby was talking to the midwife and she was giving him instructions.
      Dad rang the ambo’s then. I had to lay down on the bed and all of a sudden i felt this urge to push, so i did.

      I squeezed the crap outta the pillow and pushed about another 3 goes and hubby was in panic worrying he’d have to deliver baby. The ambo’s came just as the head popped out and the Ambulance guy pulled the rest of him out and gosh that felt so good 🙂

      I was then wheeled out onto the stretcher to go to hosp, Hubby, Dad and Skye came down not long after.

      Jordan Stanley Born @ 1.55pm Monday 7th May 2007. Weighing 3380g. Head 35cms and Length 48cms.
      Labour lasted for 4hrs and 10mins


        Wow your some woman…..congratulations on your new little bundle…..my mom had to go to the hospital with my sister sticking part way out…..she was trying for a home delivery and it went wrong…..it is a miracle that my sister is alive….she had the cord wrapped around her neck so many times that it almost killed her…..I hope you get plenty of rest and enjoy your little guy…..Meg


          that is so great and funny bout your hubby freaking out about delivering the baby!
          and about the hospital telling you that you were too calm to be in labour the same thing happened to me!!! i had been in labour for like 9 hours when she said it and i was like what?! but i knew i was anyway. hope everything is going well!!!


            Gee…wasnt somebody impatient! Didnt even wait until you could get to the hospital! An un-intentional home-birth, glad to hear Jordan got here safe though. I kinda feel sorry for your pillow…lol 😛

          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Personal Experiences – Just Let It Out!’ is closed to new topics and replies.