Governmental rights

HOME Hot Topics Girl Zone Need Advice Governmental rights

  • This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • #17629

      this question keeps running through my head, but as i know of that if you fall pregnant and need a house the government should supply you with one, is this true and if so how would you apply etc..

      as i cannot live with my parents with a child as it would be too stressful and i need my private space to bring a baby up.

      what other rights would i have ?


        Go to your social services department and apply for housing with them. One warning is that there is a waiting list for housing. You may qualify for financial help (welfare) before getting into housing, which will help you pay rent. Also, there are WIC, foodstamps, and Medicaid in the U.S. I’m not sure where you’re from, but those things are offered in all 50 states.


          I don’t know how it is in the USA, but if it gets too bad, there might be shelters..but that is ONLY if things get REALLY bad. TRUST me they’re not the best places, especially with a young child. But it’s better if you’re in an abusive household sometimes.
          Just a thought, and throw it out if that’s not the case, because shelters aren’t the best places.


            give your department of homeland security a call. If you dont know who to call or the phone number y ou can call your library and ask for it or even 411 or police station. I dont know where you live- but i live in oregon and the waiting list for help with a home is two years. its very long in a lot of states becasue there are so many people requesting it. check it out though. call dhs of your county and they can transfer you to someone who can answer your questions. good luck!:)

          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • The forum ‘Need Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.