8 weeks preg & heartburn

HOME Hot Topics Girl Zone Pregnancy Questions and Symptoms 8 weeks preg & heartburn

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jjs mom

i’am about 8 weeks pregnant and i have the worst heartburn you can ever imagin, it was like somebody poured acid down my throat, it hurts my stomach and everything i feel like complete crap not even to mention all the throwing up anyway i started taking these pills called tagamet i take on as soon as i wake up and 1 in the afternoon but i’am only allowed 2 a day. so by the time i get home from work and need to take care of my 4 yr old i feel like crap again. does anybody know of any home remidies or something anything i can do that will help me even just for the few hours i’am home, i also don’t want to be taking these pills my whole pregnancy, HELP ME. i feel like a hole is burning in my throat:( :blush:

Mommyof2babies

one thing that helped me is crackers…when i was preg with my daughter and this time i have acid reflux real bad and it makes me so miserable..I’m constantly eating crackers..i hope i helped!

Anonymous

My friends dad said that if you swallow a raw egg, it should help. But it does help A LOT with the vomiting. Good Luck.

bweber

try tums…..

Opanayiko

[size=2]I have had awful acid-reflux for about 5 years now (hilariously enough they gave me a pregnancy test because the worst system was a milk-curdling sensation in my stomach).

I would first suggest maybe cutting down on the acidity in your regular diet, caffeine is a big agitator, as is anything with a lot of citrus, excessive fat, grease, anything tomato based, taking the fun out of things eh!? Perhaps you could also ask your doc about a once-a-day acid reflux pill, something like Nexium (which I believed I’ve read is okay to take during preggos?). Laying down after eating can cause issues, as eating too much.

In the meantime, I know Maalox, Mylanta, Rolaids, Tums can be backups & are listed as baby-safe. Hope this helps a little.[/size]

Opanayiko

[size=2]Oh yes & PLEASE girls, do not swallow raw eggs for any reason while pregnant. Salmonella is not good for you or your little bundle! Things like this can cause onset of things like listeria (a bacterial infection pregnant women are more susceptible to, can cause miscarriage, defects, et cetera).
                [b]
                Lean meats, poultry and eggs are rich in protein and some vitamins and are an important part of a healthy diet. However, pregnant women should avoid eating raw or undercooked meats, poultry and eggs because these can increase their risk of a number of food-borne illnesses (including listeriosis, E. coli and Campylobacter infections, salmonellosis and toxoplasmosis). [/b][/size]

Avoid anything unpasteurized & soft cheeses. If you’re going to eat deli/lunch meat, hot dogs, give them a zap in the microwave to reheat & kill potential harms. 😀

kez_mummy_2_skye

Oh my gosh! i hated heartburn and trying to sleep at night was so hard, i ended up sleeping with about 3 pillows holding my head up. Try some Milk, that can help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘Pregnancy Questions and Symptoms’ is closed to new topics and replies.