6 weeks pregnant?

HOME Hot Topics Girl Zone Need Advice 6 weeks pregnant?

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Amyyyy

Hi, im about 6 weeks pregnant now and going for an abortion next mondaay although they havn’t told me if i will be having the medical abortion or having an operation. Does anyone know what they will probably do? :/

queenB

Usually they let you decide what type of abortion procedure you would like. Right now you have the choice between RU486 (a medication abortion) or a suction curettage. You can read more about the procedures here: http://optionline.org/abortion.html

I think that it is not good that your doctor has not discussed this with you thoroughly. It’s your body and your choice so you have a right to know what is going to happen when you have an abortion. If I were in your shoes I think I would reconsider this.

Abortion is a big deal and it is something that you should do with great caution. There are physical side effects and there are emotional ones. I would really like to encourage you to make an informed decision about your body and get all the facts before you go in for the procedure.

Here is the phone number for the website I linked to above. It’s 1-800-395-HELP. They are a non-profit organization and they can discuss with you all of your options. It’s free to call so you have nothing to lose. At the very least it will help you mentally prepare for your abortion.

Having an abortion is a decision that will change the rest of your life. Unfortunately, it’s not like getting your wisdom teeth pulled. I have spoken with people who had abortions 30 years ago and they are still not over it. If you need to there is nothing wrong with calling your abortion clinic and moving your appointment to another date so you can think things over. You have to make the best decision for you and your body. Don’t rush into it.

Meg11

I agree with QueenB, you really need to educate yourself, I wouldn’t put my life or my body on the line in the hands of someone who has not told me everything there is to know about what they intend on doing to my body….we are all here for you and I hope you let us know what you plan on doing…Love Meg

Romans58

Amy as a former fetus…..
            please think twice before you do this. i just found out thst i am pregnant. im sooo scared and have no idea how to tell my mom! im soo afraid! i know its hard & if you would like to talk,im new to this site, but i would love to. PLEASE think about later on in life, i honestly believe you will regret this. your beautiful baby will love you no matter what. i hope i have helped & i will continue to pray that you dont do this. in the end it will be soooooo worth keeping your baby. that’s what is keeping me strong.best wishes <3

Amyyyy

Thanks for all your advice. I have thought about this throughly, its been on my mind since i first found out, 5 weeks ago.

At first i thought i wanted to keep it but then i thought about money and there isnt enough room in my house for another baby so i would probably have to find a new place plus im only 16. It would all be too difficult for me, i just dont feel ready to have a baby.

+ QueenB your right, my doctor should have gone threw everything with me but they havnt so im realy unsure about whaats gunna happen :/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • The forum ‘Need Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.