17, Pregnant, Scared, And Alone

HOME Hot Topics Girl Zone Personal Experiences – Just Let It Out! 17, Pregnant, Scared, And Alone

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated by .
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I found out i was pregnant about two weeks ago. I am now about 5 weeks Pregnant and due October 30th. The guy that I had sex with, blames me for the pregnancy, tells me I need to get an abortion because that would be the best thing for both of us. I dont really think the fact that I am pregnant has really hit me yet. I think about having abortions all the time. Sure, i know its the wrong thing to do but it just seems like the easy way out. Im terrified of telling not only my mom, but my whole family. i’m worried he won’t sign the birth certificate so he wont have to pay child support. Im scared im going to let this baby down. I need help. Is it bad to have a baby with someone you were never and never will be in a relationship with?

Anonymous

FIRST, DONT BE AFRAID. I’M 39YRS OLD, NO MATTER WHAT AGE. MEN RUN….. I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT RIGHT AFTER HURRICANE KATRINA. I WAS AWAY FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY WORKING AS A NURSE IN CALIFORNIA. TOLD MY PARTNER AT THE TIME I WAS PREGNANT AND INITIALLY HE WAS SHOCK, SAD BLAME ME, THEN HIMSELF AND THEN GOD AND EVERYBODY ELSE BUT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR MIRACLE. HE ACTED LIKE HE WAS GOING TO STAY AROUND AND SUPPORT ME EMOTIONAL AND HELP OUT FINANCIALLY BUT WHEN THE I GOT 4MTH HE ALSO SUGGESTED I GET AN ABORTION. MAYBE ALL MEN THINK ALIKE. I HAD TO MAKE A REAL DECISION. EITHER I WAS GOING TO HAVE MY CHILD OR NOT. NO MATTER WHAT HE WOULD OR WOULD’NT DO. IT’S REALLY UP TO YOU. BUT WHATEVER YOU DECIDE JUST BE ABLE TO LIVE WITH YOU. NO MATTER WHAT ANYBODY SAYS OR DO. IT’N NATURALLY TO BE AFRAID. SOMETIMES I STILL GET NERVOUS. NOW IF YOUDECIDE TO KEEP YOUR MIRACLE. BECAUSE ONLY GOD MAKES BABIES AND THEY ARE A BLESSING. YOU HAVE TO BE STRONG, PRAY FOR STRENGHT AND YOU MUST BELIEVE GOD WILL HELP YOU THROUGH THIS. HE WILL HELP YOU. I’M A LIVING WITNESS TO THIS. I’M HERE IN NEW ORLEANS, NO FRIENDS, NO FAMILY, SPEND ALOT TO TIME ALONE. GOING TO CHURCH, PRAYING, TAKING CARE OF MYSELF AND MY BABY. IT’S HARD. I PRAY EVERYDAY FOR STRENGTH. NOW, FORGET ABOUT HIM. I SPENT WAY TO MUCH TIME WORRYING ABOUT HIM BEING THEIR FOR ME. I WANTED A RELATIONSHIP. HE WOULDN’T TREAT ME RIGHT. SO MOVE ON PASS HIM. I ALREADY HAVE A SON 22. I DIDN’T WANT TO TELL HIM OR MY FRIENDS. BUT ONCE I DECIDED ON WHAT I WAS GOING TO DO. IT WAS MY DECISION. ALOT OF PEOPLE SAID ALOT OF THINGS. AND ALL OF THEM WASN’T GOOD. MOST OF IT HURT. BUT I MADE A DECISION TO GIVE LIFE. I KNOW EMMANUEL WILL BE BLESSING TO ME, WE WILL BLESS EACH OTHER. NOT EVERYDAY IS EASY BUT ONE DAY AND ONE EMOTION AT A TIME. LAST BUT NOT LEAST. YOU CAN GET SUPPORT WITH A SS # AND DOB. DON’T WORRY ABOUT A SIGNATURE. BE ABLE TO LIVE WITH YOU. GOD BLESS AND REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW SOMEONE HAS AND STILL IS WALKING WITH YOU. SO KEEP PRAYING AND KEEP YOUR TOGETHER. REMEMBER YOU CAN DO THIS IF YOU DECIDE. YOU WILL BE SURPRISE WHO WILL HELP YOU WITH THE BABY. THIS COULD VERY WELL BE YOUR BLESSING. STAY SAFE AND TAKE CARE. LONELY IN NEW ORLEANS.

Anonymous

hey … well im 15 and im also pregnant but y story is a little different than yours my boyfriend and i are still together. but this was an unplanned pregnancy we didnt ask for it but i just want you to know wether your pregnant or not dont get rid of it because your scared there are more pregnant teenagers than you think and and believe it or not we all make it through it one way or another theres programs you can get into and they will help you and if some one wanted to be with you than having a kid would not be a problem… take care i hope to here back from you..

CANDYCANE

Well honestly I wouldn’t worry to much about the guy. Because they can do a paterity test ordered by the court to be able to have him help out with child support. As for your family. You really need to tell them. The sooner the better to let them adjust to the idea. If he is try to make you get an abortion don’t it is your body. Your the one who has to deal with the pain. I think if you decided to keep the baby then you will see all the joy a child gives you. My son is 4 months old and I am 21. My son has gave me so much strength I never thought I would have. It is hard but it is worth every moment. See your childs smile and happy face takes all the bad things away. If you need to talk please feel free to e-mail me
            Candice

Anonymous

Hi,
              No, it isn’t bad to have a kid with a man who will never be part either of either of your lives if you can’t help it. You can still be a strong mother and maybe later you will meet a man willing to be the father. If you really don’t feel strong enough to raise a child, there is always the option of adoption, closed or open.
              Don’t have an abortion becasue you can’t give the child a good life, any life is better then death. Your baby already has it’s own heartbeat, and it can feel pain as well, abortion will physically hurt. If you are sure you are pregnant, you should tell your family of friends so you can have support. Good luck, I will give you all the support I can in my prayers. I f you want support before you tell you family, there are lots of crisis pregnancy centers out there you could call. Type in Crisis Pregnancy Center on Google and you will find one in your area.

Anonymous

i was 17 when i got pregnant too and i had my daughter feb 1st by myself my babies dad was not there.he can still have to pay child support even if he doesn’t sign the birth certificate.forget him i raise my baby by myself you can to.

Post edited by: young,confadent, at: 2006/03/17 17:44

Anonymous

When I was 17years old I got pregnant becuz my boyfren didn’t want the child. Sure I wasn’t ready either so basically it was a decission we made 2gether. All though, not one day goes by and it has been 5 years that I do not stop thinking about what I did.
                  I’m not going to sit here and write to you, that abortion is bad, but I’m telling you, it will effect you for the rest of your life. I’am now 21years old and I found out I was pregnant. I’am so scared and do not want to go through this but I’m doing it. I thought I would write you becuz I’am due on October 30th to….I wish you all the luck on your decission, but just know there is help and support out there.
                  Take care

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • The forum ‘Personal Experiences – Just Let It Out!’ is closed to new topics and replies.