17…pregnant and scared

HOME Hot Topics Girl Zone Personal Experiences – Just Let It Out! 17…pregnant and scared

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi, my name is Brittany, I am 17 years old and am graduating high school in less then 3 months. This past Sunday I found out that I was pregnant. The father of this child doesn’t want me to have it and thinks if we wipe it out now everything will be okay and it won’t be a big deal. I dated this guy for over a year and a half a while back, and we’d been on and off for a year after we broke up. About 2 weeks ago he ended things and said he didn’t want any relationship or anything, a week after that I found out I was pregnant. What am I supposed to do? I am 17, have my whole life ahead of me and now I have a child on the way. I’m scared, lost, confused, and mostly alone. When my parents find out they will die, I don’t know how to tell them or what to say. How do I convice the father of my child that if we just wipe this child out then we were really be killing a human being? Sure, it’s not big yet or whatever but it’s still a human being. Why kill a child when the child DID NOT make the mistake…we did. We should take responsibility for our actions, and be adults about it. I just don’t know what to do, I mean I know what the right thing is but when in a situation like this….i dont know what the "best" choice is. I’m scared…someone please help me.

Anonymous

hey,

I just wanted to say you should either KEEP the child or give it up for adoption. I have never been in the position you are in now (but, I have a friend who was), but it is NOT your baby’s fault that he or she came into this world right now. You know? This baby deserves to live, either with you or adoptive parents. Don’t let the guy try to make you have an abortion.

Hope everything goes good-

Pam

Anonymous

hey,

I just wanted to say you should either KEEP the child or give it up for adoption. I have never been in the position you are in now (but, I have a friend who was), but it is NOT your baby’s fault that he or she came into this world right now. You know? This baby deserves to live, either with you or adoptive parents. Don’t let the guy try to make you have an abortion.

Hope everything goes good-

Pam

Anonymous

I just want you to know up front that the father of your baby might not ever come round to your thinking. Please dont make a decision based on anything but your own convictions. Im so glad you dont want to abort. I had just turned 17 when my first son was born. I was half way through my jr. year in high school and had to drop out to care for my son. I went back to summer school though and made up enough to get back and graduate with my class the next year. Believe me its been NO bed of roses but I love him so much. Adoption is also not a bad idea. You can pick the family and even chose to be a part of his life. I had to give up a child a year ago. He was adopted by friends of mine who had several miscarriages. I get to see him and I see how loved and happy he is. I just went to his first birthday party March 19. I’m married again now and we are expecting our first child together in August. Another boy! Please know that its not going to be easy and you might have to go at it without the father (been there done that) but its worth it in the end to know the child is safe and happy. Love to you and good luck 😉 .

Anonymous

i know how you feel im 16 and 7 months pregnant and at first i was scared and everyone wanted me to get an abortion i felt alone and confused to its normal for any young girl to feel these things.but you got to be strong and do whats best for your baby. if the guy doesnt want to be there you dont need him dont stress your self out over someone else. you’ll be fine . im a single parent and im doind good for now . i stay with my parents and the baby will be here in two months. good luck.

Anonymous

Dear, I so sympathize with you. But you are thinking correctly that this is a human being. I was in your shoes over 20 years ago. I made the wrong decison. I cannot tell you the pain and agony that has caused me and I will carry with me always. I wanted to address the statement you made about your family being upset when they find out. This feeling was a big part of my wrong decision too. Now too late I understand more. Yes, your family will be upset at first, but later that child will most likely be their pride and joy. I worried about what "people" would say. What would they say now if they knew I had killed my baby? I hide that fact with all my might. There are only two people in this world that know what I did. My best friend and the babies father. While I was afraid to tell my Mother I was pregnant, I am much more fearful now of her ever finding out that I killed her grandchild. That would truly kill her. I was so stupid. You know I never even thought of the fact that I was killing my father’s (he was deceased) grandchild. That child was a part of the people I loved, and I never even thought of it that way. I had no right to do what I did. Oh, praise God it is not to late for you. I know you can’t now believe it, but I would trade places with you in a heartbeat. You have difficulties ahead sure. But oh honey, it is so much more difficult to try to live with the other decision. Instead of forever wishing you could undo… step out on faith, take one day at a time. You will be glad you did.

Anonymous

I know exactly how you feel, i got pregnant when i was 17 and the father of the baby told me to have an abortion or he’d never talk to me again, i didn’t have the abortion and was basically alone for 6 months of the pregnancy, then one day he showed up at my house and said he wanted to be a part of the childs life, You should not let him pressure you into having an abortion, its your body and you are the one who is going to have to life with the consequences of that decision, you need to tell your parents and hopefully they will stick by you, if not there are plenty of agencies and people that will be willing to help you, finish high school and realize that although you may have to put your dreams on hold for a while you don’t have to give up on them. be sure that you are the one making the decision whatever it may be, don’t let anyone pressure or force you into doing something that you don’t want to do because you will be living with it for the rest of your options, be sure though that you are realistic and you weigh all of your options, i both had a baby and an abortion and i will tell you that its a lot easier to have a baby then it is to live with the consequences every day of killing one, especially if you see it as killing…

Anonymous

hey brittany. I just found out that I’m pregnant too. I’m only 16. My boyfriend and I have been together since we were 10. He wants me to get an abortion. He keeps telling me that he’s not ready to have a child. But I’m not going to kill my baby. I haven’t told my family yet. I know they’ll go crazy. And I haven’t told mt boyfriend that I’m not going to have an abortion. I think that if I tell him that he’ll leave me and I’ll have to go through this alone. I really dont want that to happen.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • The forum ‘Personal Experiences – Just Let It Out!’ is closed to new topics and replies.