16 and pregnant

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’m 16, and I just found out that I’m pregnant yesterday. I took three tests and they all came out positive. It still doesnt seem real, but it’s getting there. I told my mom today and she dropped me off at home, told me not to go anywhere, and left saying that she needed to be alone.

My boyfriend is 18, and he wants the baby just like I do. We’re planning on getting married this summer because neither of us wants the baby to be born out of wedlock. Although he loves me and I love him, I’m afraid that isnt enough. He has a job, but it doesnt pay much. I dont even have one, and I’m pretty sure I wont be able to get one now.

I’m not alone like alot of other teen mothers out there, but I’m still scared. Does anyone have any advice, or your own stories? I’d like to know a little more about what I’m getting myself into.

cyncerescharm06

I’m sort of in the same situation as you. Excpet I turn 17 next month. My advice for you is to keep your head up and stay strong. Believe me there are going to be a lot of people coming down on you because you’re so young, you haven’t finished High School yet, you have so much you haven’t done, and in your situation you don’t have a job. Now that my be a tight situation being that you’re going to have to rely on your mom a lot to meet your baby’s financial needs. But in the long run, I just keep my head up and stay focused on the dreams I always had for myself. All the negative things people may say about me I just eat those. I’m not saying everyone is going to be against you but for a while it’s gonna hurt. But like I said just stay motivated to be a good mother, eat right, exercise, and stay happy and you and your baby will be fine. I’m seven weeks today and I’m only a junior in High School but do you think any negativity or pregnancy is gonna stop me? My boyfriend and I refuse. Just stay focused k? I WISH U DA BEST! :cheer:

Anonymous

I know what you are going trew my sister is 14 just had a baby. I watched her have a hard time. I also have been what you are going trew I had a baby at 16 but I new of a couple that whated a baby and gave her to them now she is 10 years old and knows who I am I mean she has always know me but she knows the turth now and her mom and dad are now my in laws in was a hard decise then but my boyfriend and I just could not get married we were both under age and in a foster home. I now have four children that I love so murch. I wish you the best of luck and I will keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous

it must be really hard for you right now, but i think that u should thick about having this baby, because every day that u wake up and look at your baby it will always put a smile on your face when your down or feeling alone.

because my friend was just like you and when she told her boyfriend that she was pregant, he told her that he doesn’t want to have any thing to do with her or the baby. it was really hard for her because no-one out of her family would speak to her unless she had an abortion and she said no and she choose to have a beautiful baby girl. she is starting to get along with her family again after a year.

mybabydillon

hi ashley my name is tara im 18 married and have a beautiful 4 month old baby boy.. you are young and you have a lot ahead of you but one thing i know is that having a baby changes your life but for the best. i love having my son around. ya sometimes it is hard but just looking at your baby just makes everything better congrads to you and your man with the baby

Anonymous

I know exactly what you are going through. I got pregnant when I was 16 and it was a MAJOR shock to me too. My boyfriend was 18 as well and he was not supportive like yours. Just the fact that you were able to tell your mother right away lets me know that you are defintely mature enough to handle this. It is going to be hard…EXTREMELY hard. But you’ll be able to get through it and will be more rewarded in the long run if you continue your pregnancy. The only thing I wouldn’t do is get married. Wait it out and in 4 or 5 years if you feel the same way then go for it. My best friend got pregnant in high school and just now married her boyfriend at 25. Its better to know that you’re going to last before you get married and have to go through divorce (not saying that its going to happen, but statistics are against you). Everything will work itself out. All your fears will fade when you see your beautiful baby for the first time πŸ™‚

Anonymous

πŸ˜› If you both want this baby than you will be fine as long as this is what you want it’s hard but there are jobs out there and whats even better is your boyfriend has a job with a little love and a little money youll make it
                  and don’t get married unless its for the sake of love :silly: comming from a unwed 19 year old mommy

Anonymous

Thanks so much guys, and as for the people advising against abortion, I was never planning on giving the baby up…. I said that in the original post

I know that getting married right now may not be the best thing, but we’ve set a date…it’s June 24th. πŸ˜›

I cant wait to see my baby’s face πŸ˜†

Anonymous

I’m 17 and pregnant and trust me, a lot of help is coming to me but i’m still wondering how i’m going to do this without a job and a diploma, i’m now 7 months pregnant and i want to get marry but i don’t know if if legal or how i can do it. It is really hard being a mom at such a young age but all i can tell you is keep you head up and don’t think negative always think positive and be strong. You will find a job and u bf will get a better one if ya really want ur baby to be happy. This is happening to me right now and my bf is going back to his hard job where he gets paid 2,000 dollars per week yeah but he is also risking his life just for a better future for us and our baby. Good parents would do anything for their baby! Keep you head up girl.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • The forum ‘Pregnancy Questions and Symptoms’ is closed to new topics and replies.