15 & Pregnant!

• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated by .
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey everyone.

I am 15 almost 16 and I just found out that I am 8 weeks pregnant. It wasnt a suprise to me because me and my boyfriend were trying to have a baby. Now I just need to find a way to tell my father. My mom know, shes not very happy. But my dad doesnt. My parents told me not to talk to my boyfriend anymore almost a year ago becaushe they said “hes too old”.(hes only 19) But I love him so I didnt listen. Now I dont know how to tell my dad Im pregnant because I dont want him to hurt my boyfriend. Any advice?

Meg11

Hey there, You are in one tough situation, you are right that your dad will most likely want to do something to your boyfriend. He is 19 and you are 15, that is statutory rape and if your parents choose to press charges he is facing jail time and possibly the tag of being a sex offender for life. This is probably one of the main reasons that your dad wanted the two of you to stay away from one another. At this point what is done is done, you are pregnant and even though you are only 15 I know that you can be a good mom and that you can go far and be successful if you push through and set your mind to it, what I would do is call this number, 1-800-395-HELP, they can give you the number and location to the closest Pregnancy Resource Center to you where you can get some FREE help, they can help you tell your dad, they can give you prenatal vitamins, refer you to a good doctor and just be a friend during this complicated time….I hope this helps a bit and keep us all informed on what is going on…Love Meg

Anonymous

Thanks for the help.
          Ive already went to see a doctor.
          My mother is also pregnant so we are seeing the same doctor.
          I started my prenatal vitamins already and I had an ultrasound.
          I told my father last night and he baisically told me that I was a slut.
          But myparents arent going to press charges on my boyfriend because I begged them not to. Im going to stay In high school and continue with my pregnancy. Thanks again. πŸ™‚

Meg11

I am glad that you have your mom for support and that you are going to carry your baby!! It may take your dad a little while, maybe even years to come to grips with this but just give him time, also it might be a really good idea to use this time to really let our parents parent you, I would definitely refrain from sex for a very long time, preferably until you are married, it will make your life a little less stressful and help you to regain your parents trust….hang in there and keep us updated!! Meg

Anonymous

Thanks. I Have made a promise to my parents that I will not break and that is to not have sex anymore until im married. My boyfriend thinks thats also a good idea and he said he will wait until im ready again. He told my bestfriend that he wants to marry me and is going to purpose as soon as the baby is born. I cant wait. I will keep you updated. Thanks again. πŸ™‚

mrs_tuggle09

Hang in there. Things will get better.

Letters2rain

Hey, I was also 15 when i got pregnant, but turned 16 a few days later, ha.

I think its silly, if you really want a baby and you’re trying for one, why are you so scared to tell your family?

If you are so mature for a baby, you should be mature enough not to be scared of telling people!

iswaggaliciious

I’m also 15 (16 in jan) and I’m 7months(28 weeks) pregnant. My mom flipped when she found out and tried pressure me into abortion everyday until I reached 3 months. Now she is happy with the soon coming Victor :laugh: I dont know my dad so that was not a problem but my mom is rough if you know what I mean. All you gotta do is stay strong for that baby and dont let your age affect your parenting skills because you can do it. Dont feel down when he will be pissed for few months, give him some space and grats on the miracle =] πŸ™‚

Egarvin85

Hey soon to be mommy! Im so proud that you are staying in school! That is so hard to do with a baby, but I know you can do it. School is so important, and your child will be so proud of you one day. It’s also a great way to earn your parents respect again. They will be proud of you too!

I know your posts were a couple months ago, I just wanted to drop by and see how you were doing now? Let us know if you check this. Love, Erica πŸ™‚

Anonymous

Im wondering why you trying to have a baby at 15, that seems like a strange thing to want so young.

iswaggaliciious

Some people are more mature than others and more ready just because you are young does not mean you cant be a good parent

iamscared

IS IT OK to study while pregnant ? i mean . is it acceptable by school rules ? for i’m upcoming grade 11 on september and 8 weeks pregnant.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • The forum ‘Parent Talk – Advice and Support for Moms’ is closed to new topics and replies.