- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by .
May 18, 2006 at 9:19 pm #11089Anonymous
Right then guys, need a bit of help…..im not very creative and want my baby (im not sure what it is yet!!) to have a beautiful name…but i need some ideas!!! So feel free to leave me a post!!!
Luv ya all!
jess x x xMay 22, 2006 at 11:14 am #11116Kit
I’m not sure. There are a ton of books and sites of baby names, but lists of 100,000 baby names can almost be more overwhelming than helpful sometimes.
1. My husband and I both have large families. We decided we wanted to avoid naming the baby with a name that is shared with cousins, aunts, uncles etc. which narrowed down the names some. (middle names were fair game though)
2. We wanted a name that wasn’t super common and ordinary, but one that was not too far out there that people would hear it and say "huh?"
3. We went through lists and we both picked out names that we liked and hated to narrow down the list to about 20 girl and boy names that we both thought had potential.
4. Look up the meanings of the names and see if you like the meanings and if they are a fit with the pregnancy or the child’s characteristics after they are born.
5. Keep in mind what initials spell. Our last name begins with an S so Steven Orlando or Ashley Sarah wouldn’t be good picks.
6. I wanted to wait to hold the baby and see what the baby was like before deciding definitivly on a final name. (Although we did end up going with the name we were leaning towards before the baby was born)
For some reason the initials AJ seemed to jump out at us throughout the pregnancy. We had a difficult pregnancy. The doctors warned that our son might have some serious defects, but he pulled through just fine. It was really a miracle. We chose the name Aidan John. Aidan means fiery because he seems to be a fighter and have spirit. My favorite two uncles are both named John, we go to St. John’s church and my husband’s favorite book of the bible is John, so it seemed like a fitting middle name. When we chose Aidan early in the pregnancy it seemed a little unusual still but I’m seeing the name popping up everywhere now. I guess everybody else thought it seemed like a good name too.
Hope this helps.
KateJune 3, 2006 at 6:59 am #11191Anonymous
May’Moonah(this one means blessed)
Yasminah(right and proper;blessed)
Yameenah(sweet smelling flower)
Barirah(means faithful and devoted)
Amaya(everybody loves this name it means night rain)
Fateen(clever,smart)June 3, 2006 at 8:47 am #11195lauren_14_depressed
i tink these are nice boys names :
connor :blush: dunno bout u :blush:July 20, 2016 at 2:59 pm #29121
- The forum ‘Pregnancy Questions and Symptoms’ is closed to new topics and replies.