Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 DO

• jenn
  • jenn's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #1 by jenn
jenn replied the topic: Re:I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 DO
i have been there before and also expecting again.i kept my baby even tho everyone wanted me to have an abortion.i didnt.it hurt even to think of going to have one.they even tryed to place my baby for adoption at the hospital.the nurses came in and asked me if i still wanted to place my son for adoption.i asked them what do u mean.i never even wanted to.i have everything for my baby at home.my family didnt want me to have my son.i took my son home and took care of him and did what it took to take care of him.once i turn 18 i was gone and in my own apt with my bf.which now is my husband.we have been together for 12 yrs.to say he took my son in as his own child and loves him dearly.all i say is theres resources avalible to u and your baby if u want to keep him or her.i managed to raise my son.i basicly was on my own.my sons boi father left me at 4 months pregnant.doesnt want anything to do with him.also your baby is entitled to child support so he or she can have the things they need along with the medical care baby needs.good luck.hope u make the right choice for u and baby.god bless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christine
  • Christine's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #2 by Christine
Christine replied the topic: Re:I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 DO
Whitney,
I had an abortion about a year ago and I have had a really hard time dealing with my decision. I wanted to keep the baby, but the father (as well as my mom) pushed me into having the abortion and I cannot even put into words how much I regret it. If you have doubts about getting an abortion, then keep the baby. Don't make the same mistake I did and let the opinions of others keep you from doing what you want. If you have any questions or need someone to talk to, feel free to drop me an e-mail.

• CW
  • CW's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 6 months ago #3 by CW
CW replied the topic: Re:I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 DO
Having an abortion can really mess with you emotionally. Remember this: Having a child is a huge responsibility and you will at least need his financial help. It is nice for a child to have a father, but children don't need someone in their life that doesn't want them. They aren't toys. Dont forget that there are a lot of people out there who want children so bad, but can't have their own. If you cant have this baby on your own (of course with support from your family, I hope), help one of those couples to live their life dreams. Good luck and I know you will make the right decision. You just need faith.

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by aprilmarie0204
aprilmarie0204 replied the topic: Re:I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 DO
Do what your heart tells you. I think if you do that you will choose life for your baby. An abortion is not an easy way out of a pregnancy. It is a decision that will haunt you for the rest of your life. You may feel fine right after, but a few weeks down the road you will begin to hate yourself for what you did. I was there two years ago and I still think about it everyday. I wonder about how beautiful that little girl would be and what she would be doing. I was only 7 weeks, but even then the baby is already forming. You said your about 19 weeks. In another month 1/2 if your child was born they would have a chance at survival. Dont let your boyfriend make you feel like it is the only route to take. You have so many options. And if you do feel like an abortin is something you need to do, before you go watch the film The Silent Scream. It is of an abortion preformed at 12 weeks, and it will open your eyes to what the baby goes through. I hope you make a decision you will be able to live with for the rest of your life. Best wishes to you.

~April~

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by dorkalious_stud_muffin
dorkalious_stud_muffin replied the topic: Re:I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 DO
well, if your heart saids no abortion, then i would just keep the baby..then spent the rest of your life wondering and regretting.... It shouldnt really be his choice...its his fault for getting you pregnant in the first place. Im 15 and pregnant, but my boyfriend doesnt believe in abortion so Im sortta good there. just do what your heart tells you.

• caralh515
12 years 6 months ago #6 by caralh515
caralh515 replied the topic: Re:I DONT KNOW WHAT 2 DO
Hey, What you are going through isnt an easy time. First off have you been to a doctor to make sure everything is okay with your baby? It is important to get medical treatment through out your pregnancy.
As for you decision making process. That is hard, ultimatly it is your decision and no one elses. If you want to keep your child than do it- dont let your baby's dad make that decision for you. Ultimately it is impossible to know if he will be supportive or not. He is probably jsut as scared as confused as you are and to him abortion seems like the only way to make this \"problem\" better, however that might not be what is in his heart. You are the one that has to live with the decision you make for the rest of your life- it is a lot easier for a guy to get over an abortion than a girl.
I personally chose life and now I have a wonderful son. Im so glad that I kept my baby even though I am young and face hardships, it is all worth it to be able to see the smile on Ethan's face. Im not with his dad but he does have to pay childsupport to help out with Ethan's expenses. It is possible to have a baby and make it work. I was 16 when I got pregnant also.

Hope this helps! Cara<br><br>Post edited by: pharmon, at: 2005/05/08 06:28

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl