Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

8 weeks preg & heartburn

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by kez_mummy_2_skye
kez_mummy_2_skye replied the topic: Re:8 weeks preg & heartburn
Oh my gosh! i hated heartburn and trying to sleep at night was so hard, i ended up sleeping with about 3 pillows holding my head up. Try some Milk, that can help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 hours ago #2 by Opanayiko
Opanayiko replied the topic: Re:8 weeks preg & heartburn
Oh yes & PLEASE girls, do not swallow raw eggs for any reason while pregnant. Salmonella is not good for you or your little bundle! Things like this can cause onset of things like listeria (a bacterial infection pregnant women are more susceptible to, can cause miscarriage, defects, et cetera).

Lean meats, poultry and eggs are rich in protein and some vitamins and are an important part of a healthy diet. However, pregnant women should avoid eating raw or undercooked meats, poultry and eggs because these can increase their risk of a number of food-borne illnesses (including listeriosis, E. coli and Campylobacter infections, salmonellosis and toxoplasmosis).

Avoid anything unpasteurized & soft cheeses. If you're going to eat deli/lunch meat, hot dogs, give them a zap in the microwave to reheat & kill potential harms. :D

More
11 years 5 hours ago #3 by Opanayiko
Opanayiko replied the topic: Re:8 weeks preg & heartburn
I have had awful acid-reflux for about 5 years now (hilariously enough they gave me a pregnancy test because the worst system was a milk-curdling sensation in my stomach).

I would first suggest maybe cutting down on the acidity in your regular diet, caffeine is a big agitator, as is anything with a lot of citrus, excessive fat, grease, anything tomato based, taking the fun out of things eh!? Perhaps you could also ask your doc about a once-a-day acid reflux pill, something like Nexium (which I believed I've read is okay to take during preggos?). Laying down after eating can cause issues, as eating too much.

In the meantime, I know Maalox, Mylanta, Rolaids, Tums can be backups & are listed as baby-safe. Hope this helps a little.

More
11 years 6 hours ago #4 by bweber
bweber replied the topic: Re:8 weeks preg & heartburn
try tums.....

• Maketa
11 years 3 days ago #5 by Maketa
Maketa replied the topic: Re:8 weeks preg & heartburn
My friends dad said that if you swallow a raw egg, it should help. But it does help A LOT with the vomiting. Good Luck.

More
11 years 4 days ago #6 by Mommyof2babies
Mommyof2babies replied the topic: Re:8 weeks preg & heartburn
one thing that helped me is crackers...when i was preg with my daughter and this time i have acid reflux real bad and it makes me so miserable..I'm constantly eating crackers..i hope i helped!

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl