Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

I don't know what to do

11 years 4 months ago #1 by Kit
Kit replied the topic: Re:I don't know what to do

If you already feel attached to the baby then don't rush into abortion out of fear, especially if your boyfriend will be supportive. If the time isn't right for you to start a family with your boyfriend then you might consider adoption. That way your child could have life and you could move on with your education and focusing on building your relationship without added pressures of unplanned parenthood. You might even be able to arrange open adoption in which you could still have contact with the baby. Of course keeping the baby is an option too and a child even as a surprise can be a big blessing. Best wishes.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #2 by chelsey_85
chelsey_85 created the topic: I don't know what to do
I'm really stressing at the moment.

I found out 4 days ago that I'm pregnant. I did 2 tests to make sure. I'm 21 and still at university and living at home. My boyfriend and I are in love and he said he'll support me, no matter what I decide to do... but a week ago he left to go to Europe for 6 months to a year!!! :(

I kind of knew I was before he left but I didn't want to make him feel like he shouldnt go on the trip... he's been planning it for 4 years. So I did the test a few days after he left and I called him and told him. He's been really good about it, but hasn't actually said what he wants me to do. I know he thinks that it's not the right time though. And I agree with him. But I really don't think I could go through with an abortion. I'm already attached.

I know I could cope, but Id have to postpone uni for a while. On the other hand, It'll change his life too... he wanted to do another university degree when he gets back... but if I have the baby he won't be able to cos he'll have to work. I really don't know what to do. I love him and we'll probably end up getting married years down the track... but I just feel like the timing is totally wrong.

What should I do???

Should I let him make the decision? Or make it without considering his opinion? I know we'll never agree on it. He might say he's fine with me keeping it... but deep down I'll know he's not.



Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page


StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl