Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

16 and pregnant

• Melissa
  • Melissa's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 6 months ago #1 by Melissa
Melissa replied the topic: Re:16 and pregnant
I'm 17 and pregnant and trust me, a lot of help is coming to me but i'm still wondering how i'm going to do this without a job and a diploma, i'm now 7 months pregnant and i want to get marry but i don't know if if legal or how i can do it. It is really hard being a mom at such a young age but all i can tell you is keep you head up and don't think negative always think positive and be strong. You will find a job and u bf will get a better one if ya really want ur baby to be happy. This is happening to me right now and my bf is going back to his hard job where he gets paid 2,000 dollars per week yeah but he is also risking his life just for a better future for us and our baby. Good parents would do anything for their baby! Keep you head up girl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ashley
  • Ashley's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 6 months ago #2 by Ashley
Ashley replied the topic: Re:16 and pregnant
Thanks so much guys, and as for the people advising against abortion, I was never planning on giving the baby up.... I said that in the original post

I know that getting married right now may not be the best thing, but we've set a date...it's June 24th. :P

I cant wait to see my baby's face :lol:

• nikki
  • nikki's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 6 months ago #3 by nikki
nikki replied the topic: Re:16 and pregnant
:P If you both want this baby than you will be fine as long as this is what you want it's hard but there are jobs out there and whats even better is your boyfriend has a job with a little love and a little money youll make it
and don't get married unless its for the sake of love :silly: comming from a unwed 19 year old mommy

• Tara
  • Tara's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 6 months ago #4 by Tara
Tara replied the topic: Re:16 and pregnant
I know exactly what you are going through. I got pregnant when I was 16 and it was a MAJOR shock to me too. My boyfriend was 18 as well and he was not supportive like yours. Just the fact that you were able to tell your mother right away lets me know that you are defintely mature enough to handle this. It is going to be hard...EXTREMELY hard. But you'll be able to get through it and will be more rewarded in the long run if you continue your pregnancy. The only thing I wouldn't do is get married. Wait it out and in 4 or 5 years if you feel the same way then go for it. My best friend got pregnant in high school and just now married her boyfriend at 25. Its better to know that you're going to last before you get married and have to go through divorce (not saying that its going to happen, but statistics are against you). Everything will work itself out. All your fears will fade when you see your beautiful baby for the first time :)

More
11 years 7 months ago #5 by mybabydillon
mybabydillon replied the topic: Re:16 and pregnant
hi ashley my name is tara im 18 married and have a beautiful 4 month old baby boy.. you are young and you have a lot ahead of you but one thing i know is that having a baby changes your life but for the best. i love having my son around. ya sometimes it is hard but just looking at your baby just makes everything better congrads to you and your man with the baby

tara vaughn..live life to the fullest

• karen
  • karen 's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 7 months ago #6 by karen
karen replied the topic: Re:16 and pregnant
it must be really hard for you right now, but i think that u should thick about having this baby, because every day that u wake up and look at your baby it will always put a smile on your face when your down or feeling alone.

because my friend was just like you and when she told her boyfriend that she was pregant, he told her that he doesn't want to have any thing to do with her or the baby. it was really hard for her because no-one out of her family would speak to her unless she had an abortion and she said no and she choose to have a beautiful baby girl. she is starting to get along with her family again after a year.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl