Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

ASAP I NEED HELP!!!

• Sacoria
12 years 1 month ago #1 by Sacoria
Sacoria replied the topic: Re:ASAP I NEED HELP!!!
ok It does not mean you are nessicarily going to have the baby next week it just means you have to be a little careful stay comfortable take a bath (if you still can I was 6 months pregnent and I could not get up for the life of me hahaha) take your time I wish you the best of luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sara
  • sara's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #2 by sara
sara replied the topic: Re:ASAP I NEED HELP!!!
I really doubt you'll have her early. What did they put you on? I went into preterm labor at 27 weeks, 33 weeks, 35 weeks, and 37 weeks. My doctor had me on terbutaline (AKA Brethine) pills and injections to stop the contractions. I stopped the medications after 37 weeks and figured labor would come again any day but I went OVERDUE! I actually went in to be induced and found out I was in labor instead! So best of luck and just be happy that you're at that threshold where you're baby should be fine even if you're a little early. Congratulations!
Sara

• pam
  • pam's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #3 by pam
pam replied the topic: Re:ASAP I NEED HELP!!!
Hi Abby!

I have never been pregnant, but my friend just had her baby about a month ago. She had preterm labor around the time you did....and she delievered 2 days AFTER her due date, being induced. So, you probably have a good chance!

Hope this helped!

Pam

More
12 years 2 months ago #4 by Kit
Kit replied the topic: Re:ASAP I NEED HELP!!!
Abby,

If they stopped the contractions I don't think it necessarily means that you will deliver early in the next week or two. I bet it means that your doctor will want to keep a closer eye on you and the pregnancy in case you go into early labor again. I would follow any advice that he or she gives you. Even at 35 weeks the survival rate is good. My aunt gave birth to my little cousin Maggie about three weeks ago. She was born 6 weeks early and only weighed about four pounds, but she is home from the hospital, has put on weight, and seems to be doing remarkably well for a premie. I hope all goes well for you and your daughter.

Kate

• Abby
  • Abby's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #5 by Abby
Abby replied the topic: Re:ASAP I NEED HELP!!!
Its perfectly okay that you could not get to me in time.. what ended up happening is the two tests they do, one came back positive, one came back negative, so they let me decided wether or not to be admitted and i chose to come home..

big mistake..

the thursday i was back, and thought it had happened again, but now both were negative, but they decided to hook me up to the monitor just in case, and i was most definetly in early labor. Contractions, which for some reason i didnt even FEEL... were 5 minutes apart. They did what they could to stop it and succeded, and sent me home friday morning after close monitoring.

However.. im wondering if anyone knows, as my doctor couldnt really explain it to me in a way i could understand, How much of a chance i have of having her at term? because i went into pre-labor does that mean ill have her with in the next week or 2?

More
12 years 2 months ago #6 by Kit
Kit replied the topic: Re:ASAP I NEED HELP!!!
Abby,

I couldn't read/respond to your post until just now. By this time you will have laready spoken with your doctor, which would have been my advice. If your waters have broken you should contact your doctor because waiting can cause infection and risks for mom and baby. I had a friend who described similar to what you described and it turned out that her water had not broken. Good luck.

Kate

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl