Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

I need some advice!!

• Christina
  • Christina's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago #1 by Christina
Christina replied the topic: Re:I need some advice!!
TAE AND HANNAH!!!

Listen girls. Speaking from experience, Tae I AM SOOO GLAD you decided to keep your baby. Hannah, there is so much support out there for you. You can get WIC (Women Infant Children), there are free clinics where you can go for counseling and support. Call your local Health Department, they should be able to give you all of the info. that you need. I found out I was pregnant 4 days after I turned 17. Everyone was supportive, but the father was young also and wouldn't even talk to me about it. So, I thought that the best I could do( mainly for him) would be to have an abortion. WRONG!!! I finally stopped having suicidal thoughts because of it about 2 years ago. Adoption is ALWAYS and option if you have too. Please be strong girls. My heart goes out to the both of you. Please don't make the same mistake I did. I wouldn't wish that kind of hurt on anyone.

I wish you both the best of luck!!!!<br><br>Post edited by: Julie, at: 2005/10/11 01:00

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HappyGrandma
  • HappyGrandma's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago #2 by HappyGrandma
HappyGrandma replied the topic: Re:im really confused
Hannah,
I'm sorry that you are having to handle this on your own with no support from your family. You are the only one that will have to deal with your decision for the rest of your life. I have never had an abortion, so I can't tell you what it is like. I have read enough stories on here to where that would not be my choice. Just remember it is always harder to do what is right.
Hopefully your Mom will come around and think about what she has said to you and change her mind. I wish you well.
HG

• Tae
11 years 11 months ago #3 by Tae
Tae replied the topic: Re:I need some advice!!
Hey girls,
Thank you so much for all of your imput. I have decided to keep this baby no matter what happens with the father. I don't really need him, I have so many people that are there for me. My mom, now that she knows the final decision, is so happy and can't wait, and the same goes for my friends, they can't wait to be a bunch of aunties. I'm so excited for this to happen. I finally told the father today that my decision is to keep this baby and he says he's not mad but he's not happy either. He says that he's not ready to deal with this in anyway and that he needs some time to himself to think. I told him to take all the time he needs, this isn't going to be easy on either of us, but I think with time he might come around and get a little excited, I hope anyway. But lots of love and I'll keep everyone updated in the happily pregnant section, so look for me there.

Love,
Tae

P.S.
espcially you hannah, you can do it and if you can't get things together in a couple of months where you have support and feel like you can do it, you can always consider adoption!!!<br><br>Post edited by: SweetTea, at: 2005/10/07 15:18

• Keisha May
  • Keisha May's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago #4 by Keisha May
Keisha May replied the topic: Re:I need some advice!!
Advice..... well I'm not having a child, but you just have to deal with it. If you have friends talk to them about what your feeling. Try your family they are your biggest support linr right about know. Use the people you've got. Don't push the ones away that have always been there for you.

That's all I have for you
Keisha

• cattt
  • cattt's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago #5 by cattt
cattt replied the topic: Re:I need some advice!!
Don't do what your boyfriend wants you to, or what your parents want you to do. Do what you know is right. Having an abortion will change your life forever. You will have to deal with the fact that you killed your own baby for the rest of your whole life. Have that baby. It is okay to give him/her up for adoption. That is most slef-less thing someone could do. Of course, that might be the hardest thing you will ever do in your life, but think about the life of your child. There are millions of men and women out there who are unable to have children and would die to have YOUR baby. That is a gift in itself. If you feel you are able to take on the responsibly of keeping your baby. Then, of course do that. There will be obstacles, and there will be times when you feel like giving up, but i will be praying for you, and God has His arms around you and if holding you in the plam of His hands. This is a huge life changing decision. Think about this hard, and pray about it. God will talk to you.

Hang in there...
love,
cattt

• hannah
  • hannah's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago #6 by hannah
hannah replied the topic: im really confused
im 17 and im 8-9 weeks pregnant.. i found it really hard to come to terms with when i first found out and i didnt know what to think.

i told my mum about 1 week after i found out and she seemed to be fine with me and said that she would support me and i could stay at home.

last week my mum started telling people in the family as i had said that id made my mind up and i wanted to keep it.my mum came to the doctors with me and we made an appintment with the midwife.

last week my mums sister (my aunt) came up and begged me 2 have n abortion saying it was a simple little operation and it would mean i could get on with my life, she told me that i was selfish if i was to keep the baby going on to say i wud ruin my younger brothers (aged 4 and 6) lifes and my mums. this really upset me and made me feel very guily and upset.

the next day when i got in from work my mum told me that she wanted a word, she told me tht she had a think and had decided that she would not be able to cope me keeping this baby and that she wanted me to get rid of it. she said she would not be able to watch me ruin my life and if i decided to still keep it that i would have 2 move out.

i am really confused and i dont know what help or support is available to me or where to even go. ive had today of work to try and get my head around it but i just feel sick with worrie.

please help,hannah x

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl