Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Being INDUCED

More
9 years 4 months ago #1 by KylieAUS
KylieAUS replied the topic: Re:Being INDUCED
after 37 weeks the baby is considered 'term' and is generally born without medical complications.
also a big baby not always a hard birth - my 2nd was over 4kg and was an easier birth than my 1st who was 3.4kg
good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #2 by MissMyKidz
MissMyKidz replied the topic: Re:Being INDUCED
Babies can be born at 5 months and have a great fighting chance... 2 weeks is no big deal. Good Luck

More
9 years 5 months ago #3 by insubordinateximpx09
insubordinateximpx09 replied the topic: Re:Being INDUCED
I was induced when my son was born three months ago. Basically when they induce you, they give you an IV with some medication and that helps speed up the labor, at least that's what they did for me. Two weeks early is still considered term to most doctors, so that shouldn't be anything to worry about, especially if you have a big baby. I'm sure everything will be fine for you. Good luck. I'll be praying for you and the baby.

More
9 years 5 months ago #4 by Meg11
Meg11 replied the topic: Re:Being INDUCED
I was recently induced, 12 days before my due date, she was born the next day, 11 days before my due date and she is perfect!! She had a little jaundice but she never had to go under the lights...every baby is different and develops at a different pace but in general most babies are fine to come out 2 weeks early, mostly they are just gaining weight and exercising their lungs to strengthen them to breath air...Don't stress it too much, the doctors would not induce you if they thought the baby was not ready to come out, let us know how it turns out and I will be praying for a safe and healthy delivery for the both of you!!! Love Meg

More
9 years 5 months ago #5 by princess Angela
princess Angela created the topic: Being INDUCED
Hey,
I just was wondering if there is anyone that could explain to me about being induced as at my last appointment at 37 weeks the doctor sent me for another scan as he is going to be a big baby.

I went for that other scan on friday and he is just under 4kilos and i still have 3 weeks to go so im assuming they will be inducing me within the next 2 weeks like the doctor said as there worried he will become to big for me to deliver and need a ceaser.

One thing im slightly worried about is there any risk to the baby inducing me a week or 2 early?

So any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thank You
Angela

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl