Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Breaking bad news

• txmom
12 years 5 months ago #1 by txmom
txmom replied the topic: Re:Breaking bad news
That sweet little boy will soon be calling you mommy, sweetie. I know it is heartbreaking, but he will. I use to work at a daycare, and he will remember his angel mommy , but he will also have you. At two they will remember as long as you let them, you need to get his mind off of her by games, movies, any activity, keep his mind going. After he passes the missing mommy stage, then you can tell him the truth, he will be fine, and so will you.

txmom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hannahsmom
12 years 5 months ago #2 by hannahsmom
hannahsmom replied the topic: Re:Breaking bad news
you've done a great thing taking on this child. i would speak to a child's counselor and ask his or her advice. i do think keeping her picture near his bed is a great idea. just make sure he knows his mommy loves him and did not choose to leave him.

• Michele
  • Michele's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #3 by Michele
Michele replied the topic: Re:Breaking bad news
Dealing with grief is a very hard thing. Especially when you're dealing with a very young child. My suggestion is to explain to him that his mommy loves him very much but that she went to sleep and didn't wake up. Make sure that he understands that it is nothing that he said or did. But she loved him so much and that you do too. You cannont replace his mom, but you can love him. Does he have grandparents? If so, talk bout them too. You don't want to dwell on this for too long. Just make sure that he know how many people love him and are here to take care of him and that it wasn't his fault.

• LaTarsha
  • LaTarsha's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #4 by LaTarsha
LaTarsha replied the topic: Re:Breaking bad news
Just sit down with him and explain to the differents between where his mom is at and why she is not coming back.Talk to him about heaven and let him know that's where his mom is at and let him know she is not coming back.

That he will see him mom in his dreams. And that she is always watching him. Try to put a picture next to his bed so he won't feel alone, just give him a lot of love and care.

• Vicerity
  • Vicerity's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 5 months ago #5 by Vicerity
Vicerity created the topic: Breaking bad news
When my cousin died in January i was left as the leagal guardian of her 2year old son, im only 17, and i don't know how to explain to him that his mummy is not comming back. He has been fine living with me, but he keeps asking when is he going to see mummy again, and i realy dont know how to explain it to him. Please if anyone has any ideas can you let me know, i no im in a different situation from most on the site, but any suggestions would be helpfull.
Thank you

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl