Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

can you take mucinex while pregnant?

More
9 years 10 months ago #1 by MrsTWalsh
MrsTWalsh replied the topic: Re:can you take mucinex while pregnant?
I am not sure on that one. I think there is a place on the site where you can send medical questions to Dr. Marie . I am going to say that I do not think it would be safe to use if you think you are pregnant due to the fact that it thins mucus and might have an effect on your cervical mucus (specifically the mucus plug that develops when you are pregnant) and that may cause miscarriage. But I am not sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by KylieAUS
KylieAUS replied the topic: Re:can you take mucinex while pregnant?
I dont know what is in Mucinex, but i do know taking cold and flu tablets is a no-no in pregnancy. Go to the chemist/pharmacy and ask. They will know what is safe and what's not.

More
9 years 10 months ago #3 by kez_mummy_2_skye
kez_mummy_2_skye replied the topic: Re:can you take mucinex while pregnant?
i just looked it up for you and some girl said her dr knew she was preg and still gave it to her being on the safe list but another said let your dr know if you might be preg or are preg.

More
9 years 10 months ago #4 by nativegirl101
nativegirl101 created the topic: can you take mucinex while pregnant?
I don't even know if I am pregnant yet, but if I am, I don't want to risk taking Mucinex, or anything for that matter.

The flu and a stomach virus is going around. My mom has the flu and I think I have caught it from her. The only thing that is wrong right now is that I am very congested and have a runny nose. Mucinex is supposed to get rid of the mucus in your chest but I wasn't sure if I should take it or not.

I don't know if I am pregnant, as I clearly stated. I will have to wait until I miss a period to find that out but if I am, I don't want to risk taking anything.

Believe me, I'm downing chicken noodle soup by the gallon as if my life depends on it.

so can I take it or no?

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl