Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

childbirth

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by Kaileyamanda
Kaileyamanda replied the topic: Re:childbirth
It would be wonderful for you to go naturally but make sure youre realistic about it. Make sure you handle normal pain well. I interned in labor and delivery before i gave birth and learned a lot. I watched several women make it through to a good point without medicine and then need it and it be too late. As for not being able to push with one or it being harder after meds its really not as long as you know what muscles you are using- do your kegels (spelled wrong im sure!) and know that your pushing out like you go to the bathroom.

Ive heared that going nartural is empowering and i have tremendous respect for those who do but its easier to recover after medicine. I walked around as soon as they cut off the meds.

I had an epidural and loved it. Its actually not bad for you or the baby and consider that the baby is coming into such a different place with temperature shock and everything- they wont mind being a little drugged haha. good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ProudParent8.9.07
9 years 9 months ago #2 by ProudParent8.9.07
ProudParent8.9.07 replied the topic: Re:childbirth
I was in labor a total of 94 hours i didnt want an epidural and i didnt get it until i was told by the doctor i had to or they would give me a c-section because i would be to tired to push i got it after i was in labor for 92 hours and it ended up not working so i had the baby naturally pretty much and got a big @$$ needle in my back for no reason. I was in labor so long because they were trying to hold it off because my son was 6 weeks early.

More
9 years 9 months ago #3 by Nicole.
Nicole. replied the topic: Re:childbirth
Hey, before I had my daughter so many people made me feel bad for wanting an epidural. I got it and im 100% for it. I honestly dont know why anyone wouldnt want it. I went through labor as long as i could, then i got it when the pain got to a point i couldnt handle it, i got the epidural. It didnt hurt at all, and it didnt effect pushing. I didnt feel ANY contractions after that, but i DID get the feeling when i needed to push. They also let me try different positions to push, so ur not limited to beig on your back and using sturups. You can walk around before you get it. Every labor and birth is different, and everyone has different pain tollerence. If you are at all nervous or scared, i would definetly say get the epidural. As soon as i had her, they took it out, and i could walk around when i got back to my room, so there were not any negative side effects. Anyways thats my opinion, good luck! Its the most amazing experience in the world!

More
9 years 10 months ago #4 by MichellesAMommy
MichellesAMommy replied the topic: Re:childbirth
I guess its better if u have ur baby naturally, but I would be get an epidural!! im a coward to pain to im def. gonna get an epidural :P

More
9 years 11 months ago #5 by KylieAUS
KylieAUS replied the topic: Re:childbirth
Whatever you want. How a woman feels the pain varies. Its different for everyone. If you want the epidural coz the pain is too much, have it. I was going to have one despite not wanting one earlier (missed out coz i dilated too quick). I wouldnt have been able to walk around in labour if my life had depended on it so that wasnt a factor for me.

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by bweber
bweber replied the topic: Re:childbirth
i had to get an epi (i was in labor a total of 30 hrs b4 i had my son) half way through i was so tired i needed sleep but couldnt cuz my contractions were so strong and close, the epi helped them slow down and not be so hard cuz they were actually NOT helping me progress...so the epi helped me pregress and sleep....

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl