Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

What to do??n

More
10 years 4 months ago #1 by Meg11
Meg11 replied the topic: Re:What to do??n
Hey there it's me again...I saw your update and I wanted to stop by and love on you...I know what it is like to be in a situation where one thing leads to another...I have two kids...when I met my husband be both made it clear from the start that we were not going to have sex until our wedding night...therefore I did not go on birth control because it would have made it easier to give in because fear of pregnancy wouldn't have been as big of an issue, my suggestion sweetie is to get off the birth control...it may be making it harder for you to slow down and think first....I remember one specific time when me and my husband were hanging out...all alone, no kids...before we were married...we started kissing and then embracing each other closer and tighter..we were no longer sitting on the couch but laying down...I somehow came out of the \"love daze\" stood up, and told him he needed to leave...we both stood there, angry with each other because we had let ourselves slip into temptation...nothing happened but we still put ourselves in the position for something to happen...we talked for a moment, got on our knees, and we prayed...we asked forgiveness and we asked the Lord to continue to give us strength to stay pure...I quit saying yes when people wanted to keep my kids overnight so that we wouldn't be tempted to stay up too late...if we went on a date we would have the sitter stay at my house and he would leave before the sitter did so we were not tempted to snuggle up for a while and kiss...we took the steps needed to stay pure...was it easy..NO...was it worth it YES!!!!!!, we are married now, we get to share a bed every night, we don' t have to feel guilty...if I had been on birth control and if we kept condoms around \"just in case\" I can't tell you if we would have waited until our wedding night...he had been married and I had kids so we were both not virgins...it was hard for us because we knew what sex was and we were attracted to each other physically and emotionally and spiritually...but...we knew that if we had broken the commitment to not have sex until we were married that it would be that much easier to break our marriage vows....if we couldn't keep a promise before marriage, would we keep them IN marriage??? I started taking birth control before we got married so that it was in my system...I wasn't quite sure when he was going to propose to me so I ended up taking it 4-5 months before I needed to but I didn't tell him I was taking it...why??? because I didn't want him to loose that \"fear\" of getting me pregnant if we slipped...we didn't and I am so thankful...quit putting your trust in condoms and pills...make a commitment, make a vow, Stand Up, don't hang out alone, don't let things get hot and heavy, and if your boyfriend wont do the same then he only wants one thing and it is not to gaze at your beautiful smile....after you have said I do and you get to your honeymoon sweet have a blast, and if you want to, use condoms and birth control to prevent you from having children until you and your HUSBAND decide the time is right....but..stop putting yourself at risk for pregnancy, std's and heartache...it' s just not worth it...if I quit having sex after 10 years and waited until marriage then it is so much easier for you to stop after how long?? a year, a few months, one guy??? I will be praying for you and I am here to talk if you need me..Love Meg..I know that you can be a Stand Up Girl...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2 by misunderstood
misunderstood replied the topic: Re:What to do??n
Well I guess this will be another update.... Not really good, but I was basically being my stupid self, which can get me in lots of trouble. Anyway I started a new packet of birth control on Sunday. I took it monday, but missed tuesday. So wednesday one thing led to another and my boyfriend and I had sex. We used a condom, but the stupid thing broke??? I thought they were supposed to help people with the chances of not getting pregnant. He put it on right and evrything. I just can't believe this happened. Anyway I went to the pharmacist to ask what my chances were of getting pregnant. She said slim to none because I just got off my period and since I missed tuesday, wednesday I took 2 birthcontrol pills to make up for it. So now I get to worry again. Yeah for me....

More
10 years 4 months ago #3 by misunderstood
misunderstood replied the topic: Re:What to do??n
Just wanted to update. well I got my period! So I'm pretty sure Im not pregnant. That is such a relief and this time I'm gonna be careful and Im actually thinking about being abstinent. Im not sure. anyway Im really happy right now.

More
10 years 4 months ago #4 by ilovejesse51905
ilovejesse51905 replied the topic: Re:What to do??n
I hope everything turns out for the best, but all you can do is just try to stay relaxed and you and your boyfriend support each other until the time comes to take the test! i wish you the best of luck! let us know what happens!

More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by Meg11
Meg11 replied the topic: Re:What to do??n
Hey again...you are welcome...if sharing my story can help one person make a different choice than I did then it was worth it for me to have gone through the \"dirt\" rather than them...in your case I am glad that you are going to chose abstinence...you wont regret it...I think we need more Stand Up Parents out there...I am sure your parents love you I know they want the best for you personally I think putting you on birth control is NOT looking out for your best interest...I just want to encourage you to be a Stand Up Girl even if your parents are not Stand Up Parents...you can make good choices even when they provide for you to make poor ones...I am proud of you and I think you are going to be just fine whether you end up being pregnant this time or not....let us all know when you find out and until then take care of your self and slow down and enjoy life...Love Meg

More
10 years 4 months ago #6 by misunderstood
misunderstood replied the topic: Re:What to do??
Thanks meg. well my parents did put me on birth control and my boyfriend has already told me that he will stick by me no matter what happens. I have had a couple boyfriends before, but none as special as him. Thank you for your advice and abstinence sounds like a good idea until I'm married. i hate feeling worried about pregnancy. so I really hope I don't end up pregnant.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl