Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

My Little One

More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by km_hunt
km_hunt replied the topic: Re:My Little One
Looking back... my cousin drowned when I was very young, maybe 6. Im now 25. Her dad is still taking it hard. You turn to your wife, he turned to alcohol, you ask for advice, he asked for a fix, you will be a great father, he beat his following 2 kids... Do you see where Im going? Im not even positive where Im taking this. Unless someone is in your shoes they cannot say they understand only that they can try to imagine. I am deeply saddened and sorry for your loss. But she is here. All around you, trying to surround you with joy and love and peace. Are you a religious man? If so or not, turn to God. Give it to Jesus. But this could ony happen when the both of you are ready. Tell your wife how much you love her. Leave her tiny little love quotes around the house where you know she will find them. Rub her feet, massage her scalp softly. Hold her. If she talks about your agel with a smile, smile with her, if she cries, cry with her. Crying is good for the soul. Hang in there. Your son will not replace your angel, no one can, but he might just be that missing link, that little bundle of smiles to help to fill the void... just maybe..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by lefam
lefam replied the topic: Re:My Little One
hats off...to a guy who is young and brave!

More
9 years 1 week ago #3 by inlove12
inlove12 replied the topic: Re:My Little One
Wow. I have lost 2 babies. But early. Only a few months along. I cant imagine going through that. I am so glad that she has a husband like you to support her. Like the other women said, hold her. Let her cry and hold her. She is so lucky that she hasnt had to go through this alone. I admire you and her both. I have never talked to her, but i have read her story and she seems to be such a strong woman. She has gone through so much loss, but still has the will to live. So much stronger than i can ever be and you both have gone through so much more. Good luck with your new baby.

More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by jessey223
jessey223 replied the topic: Re:My Little One
I think your wife is very lucky to have a man that cares and worries and wants to help her in anyway he can, not because he has to but because he wants to. I think the key is to be there for her like you have been. Sometimes for me anyways it is not about what you say but what you do give her extra kisses and extra hugs just because. I admire you for being a stand up guy they are few and far between. Best Wishes. Jessica

• MissKirsty
9 years 2 months ago #5 by MissKirsty
MissKirsty replied the topic: Re:My Little One
Wow, thanks for writing down the story from your perspective. It's great that you are so supportive of your wife!

I don't really know how you could comfort her... just a hug is good.
The truth is that no matter what you do, Jesus is the only one that can comfort her and set her free from the despair and guilt that she feels.

I hope that everything continues to go well for your wife and your baby, and that Devyn is able to be excited and happy about him! :-)

More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by alexmx
alexmx replied the topic: Re:My Little One
First of all, OMG i youd odnt know how much tenderness you bring to my heart when you talk about your wife like that, i wish my boyfriend talked about me in that way, everytime i read your story i cry, i just cant imagine what your going through, the only thing i cna tell you that even if 10 years pass you will never find the words to talk to your wife about your daughter, those words dont exist, but you have to know that sometimes you dont have to say nothing to help her, just look at her eyes and hold her, no words at all, believe me she would listen to the words of your heart, just talk with your heart, you dont have to make a noise at all, just hold her, hold her with your arms and your soul... take care,, congrats on your baby boy

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl