Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

More Help....

More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by hope1day
hope1day replied the topic: Re:More Help....
I am so sorry about your situation, and I know you must be scared! Do you want to keep the baby? You do have alternatives. If you are not ready, for whatever the reason, to take care of the baby, but also do not want to have an abortion, you may want to consider adoption. I know you must be spinning as to what the best option is, but I also think you are so mature to know what lies ahead. If you are worried about finances, and you decide to go with the option of adoption, the couple should pay for ALL expenses. You could even do an open adoption so that you could stay in contact with the adoptive parents, if you wanted. I had an abortion many years ago, and now wish I had given someone that longed for a child, the chance to adopt my child. I can't have children, so I may be a little biased on abortion, but if you ever need to talk, you can always leave me a message in my profile. I wish you the very best on this journey, and hope you find peace with any decision you make. Go with your heart, and don't let anyone push you in to abortion if that is not what you want. My husband and I are going through the process of either surrogacy or adoption, and the ladies that are giving the gift of a child that I have met are truly a hero!
Many, Many Blessings
Christy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Autumn
9 years 3 months ago #2 by Autumn
Autumn replied the topic: Re:More Help....
Hi. :)

I know where you've been even just last week. I'm 9 weeks and I just recently told my parents. My mom and dad both told me they'd kick me out if I got an abortion... but they came around to the idea of keeping. Now, neither of them are even agreeing with adoption unless they adopt my baby! My mom is very excited with naming, getting baby books, clothes, etc. and trying to get me into parenting classes. Sometimes it takes a little while for your parents to calm down- but they love you no matter what! As for the father... In my shoes, my ex-boyfriend and I found out AFTER we broke up. He told his mom that the baby wasn't his. But my mom and his mom talk frequently now, and she said yesterday that he said that he knew it was his, and his mom said she knew it in her heart, too. Things have really worked out for me, and I promise that they will for you, too! This is your baby, and no body elses. It only matters what you want to do. Do what you feel is best for the baby and yourself. It will get better from here, I promise. God doesn't give you more than you can handle!

Talk to me whenever you'd like, I'm here to go through it with you if you'd feel better.

Something to add that I just thought of: A baby- even having one- is very expensive. But there is lots of government help if your parents aren't willing to support you! Stand up for what you believe in and they will realize what is best for you and do it, because they love you.

More
9 years 3 months ago #3 by untbunny
untbunny replied the topic: Re:More Help....
Leannyxpoo and all- please know that if you need an non-judgemental ear I am here for you. If you are looking for someone to tell you what to do, I'm not the one. However, I'll be glad to chat, be a sounding board, let you cuss, fuss, and cry while exploring your own feelings and future. Let me know if I may help.
untbunny

More
9 years 3 months ago #4 by Leannyxpoo
Leannyxpoo replied the topic: Re:More Help....
Hey, I kind of feel what your feeling except I haven't had the balls to tell my parents yet. I only found out this week. I am nearly 17 and only just got into a posistion to be able to hold my own. My boyfriend is telling me to do what I feel but I don't actually know what I feel. I hope it all turns out well for you, good luck in whatever you descide :).
x

PS: Is there anyone who could just give me some moral support maybe keep in contact via email?
Thanks

More
9 years 3 months ago #5 by mjlovett
mjlovett replied the topic: Re:More Help....
I am so sorry about the pain you are in right now! I have been there and I completely understand what you are going through. I was 18 when I got pregnant with my son and it was really hard. I'm here if you need to talk!
On a side note, if you decide that you do want to create an adoption plan for your baby I know someone who is looking to adopt.

God bless!
MJ

More
9 years 3 months ago #6 by MrsTWalsh
MrsTWalsh replied the topic: Re:More Help....
If you want to keep your baby you absolutely can! Even if no one wants to help you, you can do it. I got pregnant with my son when I was 19. My family was unsupportive at the time and the father wanted nothing to do with me. I waited tables until the day before I gave birth to my son. I had my own little place and money saved up. There are alot of government programs that provide assistance. Plus, if your mom is anything like my mom, she will hold that baby once and he/she will steal her heart. My mom had alot of hard feelings toward me but when she saw my son she didn't want to be away from him. Your parents can become such a great resource for advice and support, just give them time. Once they know that you have made your mind up and you are keeping your baby,their attitude could change. If not, just know that you CAN DO IT! I am not saying that it won't be hard but it is not impossible :)

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl