Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

15&Pregnant.

More
6 years 1 month ago #1 by Leopard
Leopard replied the topic: Re: 15&Pregnant.
Congratulations on the new little life inside of you. I believe you have made the right decision and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #2 by ~Amber~
~Amber~ replied the topic: Re: 15&Pregnant.
Just because you can afford a baby, doesn't mean you are mentally ready to be a mother. A baby doesn't just need money. It will depend on YOU for everything. NOT your parents. It isn't very fair to get pregnant on purpose just to have a baby because it's cute, and it's a part of you and your boyfriend. If you and your boyfriend both work, who will watch the baby? and if you hire a nany, your baby is going to be raised by someone else and NOT you. And if you work AND go to school, when are you going to make time for your baby? Also, how will you get into college if you have a baby to care for? You can't make a good living by the income of two teen age jobs. Also, what if you get laid off? What will you fall back on? That's the whole point of getting a CAREER. JOB and CAREER are two totally different things. With a CAREER, you can fall back on something, apply for unemployment, still have benefits...etc. Oh, and what if you and your boyfriend break up. I know you may thing you'll be together forever, and perhaps you will, but there IS a chance you wont. What then? What if your baby gets sick and needs expensive operations or medications? What if something happens to your parents? Because you can't rely on your parents to raise your baby. That defeats the whole purpose of being a mother. Babies aren't pets that you can ask other people to come take care of for a while while you're out. You will have NO "I'm going out to a party" because you put your baby FIRST. When you're 15, you're supposed to go out to parties, out to the mall or movies with your friends, have sleep overs, and experience college, and life as an adult WITHOUT a kid. BE 15...experience all that first. By not thinking of all these things, that only proves more that you're not ready to be a mother. Be fair to your parents and be fair to yourself. And be fair to a baby.

More
6 years 7 months ago #3 by KenziiRose
KenziiRose replied the topic: Re: 15&Pregnant.
Meg11, We both have stable jobs, He is 17 with his lisence. We both have money, insurance and more. We feel we could take care of the baby and give it everything we can. We have our ducks in a nice row. We have stopped trying, but if it does happen we are going to keep it.
Maeghanalyson, Both me and my boyfriend have very supportive families. We both have well paying jobs and we aren't going to need government assistance. I come from a wealthy family and my father said if we were truly struggling he would help us. When we found out I wasn't we did talk about it but we both wanted a baby and believe we can raise it. We have stopped trying, but if it does happen, then we will keep it.

• maeghanalyson
6 years 7 months ago #4 by maeghanalyson
maeghanalyson replied the topic: Re: 15&Pregnant.
Honey, please listen to me. By getting pregnant right now, you are putting a huge burden on those around you. There is no way you can afford a baby right now and you are still to young to even drive. Your going to need help whether from family or government assistance. Hard-working peoples taxes essentially go to government assistance programs. Tax payers don't mind supporting those who really need it and it is a slap in the face when someone gets pregnant on purpose and then has to live off of everyone else. I know you are young so I am urging you to PLEASE take a step back and look at those around you. Is it fair to them? What can you give a baby right now? love? It takes a lot more than love to raise a child. Please re-consider. Wait until you have a stable life. Children need stability and you can't give them that at only 15. You just can't. I'm sorry.

More
6 years 7 months ago #5 by Meg11
Meg11 replied the topic: Re: 15&Pregnant.
I am really glad that when facing the reality of pregnancy you were ready to embrace motherhood, however with no finding out that you are not pregnant, would you see it as wise to wait it out a while longer before purposely trying? How old is your bf? Do you BOTH have steady jobs? Do you have your drivers license yet? Insurance? I mean if you are going to purposely try I just want to make sure that you have your ducks in a row....

More
6 years 7 months ago #6 by KenziiRose
KenziiRose replied the topic: Re: 15&Pregnant.
Thanks everyone[: I love the support.
I have dissappointing news though. I was just going by my period[being two/three weeks late&being sexually active&trying for a baby ud think so too]&I didnt take a test and I got my period this morning.
But me&my boyfriend talked about it and were gunna try. We want a baby[:
I really love all the nice comments you ladies posted[:<3

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl