Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

19, think I'm pregnant, and scared to death

• ambellina
12 years 2 months ago #1 by ambellina
ambellina replied the topic: Re:19, think I'm pregnant, and scared to death

hey y'all... ehm.. i'm new to the boards...

i just wanted to give a few responses....

i can so definitely identify with what all is going on here. i too am 19, a college sophomore majoring in information systems engineering, and i am 5 weeks pregnant. i was raised in a christian home [my parents are sunday school teachers] and taught traditional christian values. then i met my current boyfriend and we started dating. we ended up moving into an apartment together and started having a few instances of unprotected sex. about a week ago i remember freaking out because i didn't have my period yet... and then i ended up taking a hpt and it came out positive. i told my boyfriend my concerns even before i took the test and assured me that no matter how things turned out he would be there for me. now that he knows that i'm pregnant he has committed himself to being there for me and doing everything possible to make me as comfortable as i can be.

and now some advice....

for those of you who think they are pregnant, it is best to see a doctor as soon as you can. this will increase your chances for a healthy pregnancy.

if you have a partner, get them involved with the pregnancy as much as possible.

if you are considering abortion, remember that there are other alternatives to parenting. if you feel you cannot care for your child but the thought of abortion doesn't please you, consider giving the baby up for adoption. there are many couples who would like to have children but are unable to get pregnant for a variety of reasons.

as many people have said before, don't be afraid to tell your parents. sure, they may be a bit disappointed in you at first, but they will love you unconditionally. plus, it would be a plus if they were involved in your pregnancy too. they would more often be willing to offer support and encouragement during those months.

anyway, best of luck with everyone and their babies :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• caralh515
12 years 2 months ago #2 by caralh515
caralh515 replied the topic: Re:19, think I'm pregnant, and scared to death
Hey, I went through the EXACT same thing only I am younger. I was raised Roman Catholic, always worked hard in school, was involved in school & church- the typical good girl. My boyfriend went to my church also everyone though we were just a cute couple but like you we were human and slipped up and what do ya know I was pregnant after our first time. What are the odds I know but it happened! I was scared, I had no clue what to do or what to think- the only thing I did know what that I couldnt have an abortion, I have always believed that it was wrong and knew I couldnt turn my back on my faith now. Telling my parents was awful they are such the good christian parents married 25yrs, 3 kids, go to church...blah blah blah. Needless to say they were SO disappointed but they never stopped loving me and now my unborn son. They have been there emotionally, physically, and spiritually. They got over their sadness and disappointment and they absolutely adore their grandson Ethan. It is hard no doubt, I am graduating from High School this spring and continuing on to college this fall. I dont get to go away to school like I had once planned but instead am going to community college and then transferring to a four-year univeristy. I hope to be able to move out on my own soon, but unlike you I dont have a BF that is supporting me along the way. We arent together anymore and he send money for Ethan and thats about it. Good luck and let us know what happens. *Oh just go get a blood test at a doctor's office-they are vvery accurate and will let you know if you are truely pregnant or not.<br><br>Post edited by: pharmon, at: 2005/05/08 05:46

• Michelle
  • Michelle's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #3 by Michelle
Michelle replied the topic: Re:19, think I'm pregnant, and scared to death
Oh my God! I'm 19 and I think I'm pregnant. I broke up with my boyfriend but we we still having unprotected sex every once in a while. Then lately I've noticed my breasts are really sore, I've gained some weight, and I had an irregular period. My test came out negative but I know I'm pregnant. I'm sooo scared because my ex doesn't really have a job that will support me well and I am active in a church with over 2000 members. Very well known in the community. I'm so scared how this will ruin my life. I have not even gotten anywhere in life yet. I'm still not sure what I wanna do. And now I'm pregnant!!! What should I do? I need help. My ex keeps pressuring me to have an abortion, but I am sooo scared to do it. I know its the easy way out, but this is my baby!! How could I just kill it. Please someone, HELP ME TOO!!!!

• Hellybell
12 years 2 months ago #4 by Hellybell
Hellybell replied the topic: Re:19, think I'm pregnant, and scared to death
Hey i jsut wanted to say, I too fel pregnant when i was 19. I was married btu we hadnt been trying and it was very unexpected. However we told the ppl we knew woudl support us and got lots of flack from other ppl but Today i have a beautiful 2 year old to show for it and i woudlnt change it for the world. Every smile makes life worth living. Of course what i didnt tell you was i went on to have a lil boy at 21 and am now pregnant with my 3rd. It jsut goes to show it doesnt mean the world is coming to an end, its jsut a new beginning. God wouldnt give you something you coudlnt handle. Children truelly are a gift from god. A Baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, the home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for. Good Luck and enjoy!

• mamajandpaul
12 years 2 months ago #5 by mamajandpaul
mamajandpaul replied the topic: Re:19, think I'm pregnant, and scared to death
I am 19 also. I have a two year old son. his name is paul. i can tell you i know how you feel. i was only two weeks past my period. all i did was worry about it. i finally told someone i could trust. i felt better. i then took a test. as you know i was pregnant. i was not ready either but i faced my fears and i am very happy with my decision . I was scared to tell my parents too. but they are your parents, they love you no matter what. Your church friends will except this . Being a person of faith is to forgive and not judge. a true person of faith will do just that. i hope it works out for you but just know that you can do it because i did and it turned out just fine. GOOD LUCK

• pierre jenny
  • pierre jenny's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 2 months ago #6 by pierre jenny
pierre jenny replied the topic: Re:17 think I'm pregnant, and scared to death
hey girl i feel you.
you are so lucky because you are in colledge, it like i'm going trough the same thing with you. but don't worry if you pray anything is possible because jesus love all his children i will pray for you too. :blush:

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl