Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

21, pregnant, engaged, confused

• JUSTaGIRL2
11 years 11 months ago #1 by JUSTaGIRL2
JUSTaGIRL2 replied the topic: Re:21, pregnant, engaged, confused
You also have the option to have your baby adopted, there are many couples out there that can't have a baby but want one. And if you feel like having an abortion would be too difficult for you, than it will be, it's hard for everyone and anyone. But if you don't want to abort it yet you don't think you can support it...giving it up for adoption would be the best thing for you and the baby. You can also go for an open adoption (which is the adoptive parents ok for the birth mother and father to see and talk to your baby.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by scorpi266
scorpi266 replied the topic: Re:21, pregnant, engaged, confused
Laura Dear,
I'm 23 years old and still in college. I got pregnant dec.24th 2004 and made a quick and pressured decision to have an abortion. I am also engaged to be married in June of 2006 and got engaged Nov. of 2003. I do regret having an abortion I think about the child I lost daily. Today I should have been 21 weeks and 5 days pregnant preparing to give birth on September 17 2005. I promise you from the bottom of my heart & soul you will regret having an abortion. If you are still not sure you can e-mail me and I will tell you my detailed experience of my abortion. I lost my child hopefully this website will convince you to save yours.
Best of wishes
Love,
Falon

• DaisiePixie
11 years 11 months ago #3 by DaisiePixie
DaisiePixie replied the topic: Re:21, pregnant, engaged, confused
Congrats on the pregnancy.

Im 21 as well- but Im married. Me and my husband were told that we'd never have any children. Before I met my husband I had gotten pregnant by a college romance. I ended up loosing my baby at 2 months.

I've got endometriosis very badly and my doc said that me and my husband better get used to being with just each other. Now, I am about 8 weeks pregnant. I was flabergasted. We're thrilled and we thank the Lord for our blessing.

That's the way you have to look at it. God said that he would never give you more than you could handle. HE knows just what he's doing. Financially, me and my husband are struggling, but God know's what HE's doing and we trust HIM completley.

Just leave your child in the hands of the Lord. I will be praying for you and your family.

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by aprilmarie0204
aprilmarie0204 replied the topic: Re:21, pregnant, engaged, confused
I dont know if i am in time to help or not, but as someone who has been there, an abortion is not the way to go. it may seem like it is an answer, but if you think life will be hard WITH a baby, imagine what it will be like knowing you KILLED your child, and never gave him/her a chance at life. I had my first child when i was 17. Still in high school, i managed to graduate, take care of my daughter and hold down a job. I found myself pregnant again 9 months later and i chose to terminate that pregnancy. It was supposed to be the easy thing to do, but now I live with the guilt and the shame and the longing for the beautiful life that i never gave a chance. I quickly became pregnant again thinking it would help to fill the void. It didnt. I love my son to death, but i still killed one of my children and nothing i do will ever change that. I am in nursing school now and just found out yesturday that i am pregnant agin. I know it will be hard, but i will finish school and find a flexible job. My husband is very supportive as is my family. You have a leg up. You have already graduated and all you need to do is find a job. Dont let anyone tell you it will be easy. it wont be, but it will all be worth it when you see that beautiful face for the first time, and hear the coos and the laughter. Babies are a precious gift from God. Please understand how lucky you are to have the opportunity to have a child of your own. not everyone gets that chance. I hope this helps. Let me know what you decide, or if you need anymore information. As a side note if you do chose to terminate your pregnancy, watch The Silent Scream first. Its a video that shows an abortion being preformed. If nothing i said convinces you to chose life, that movie will. Best of wishes.

April

• joyce
  • joyce's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago #5 by joyce
joyce replied the topic: Re:21, pregnant, engaged, confused
In reading your e-mails I thought of myself, I too, was pregnant before marriage. However I was 15 and my husband was 19. We will be married for 34 years this year. You see, your baby is not something that just happens-your love and respect for each other produced this love. God has a way of showing us what makes life so important. It is not jobs, or money, or the cars we drive; it is those little lives we carry with us.
My husband and I had a wonderful baby boy who has grown to be a wonderful christian father of 2 beautiful children. He watched his father and I work together to build a life for himself and his sister. I went on to finish school and on to nursing school, His dad was military but went on to become a firefighter. He saw what love in a family can do and how it can overcome the obstacles that life throw at you. His sister knows that I was married at a yound age and saw the nights I studied hard to be able to make things better for them and the times her dad worked 3 jobs to help get me through school. She too, knows how man and wife must work together to make a home and family.
Abortion? Never entered my mind-and it was offered over and over. My mom died when I was 13 and my father had left. I lived with my sister. She thought I had lost my mind. I would be lost without my husband and kids.
Think about the future-Trust in God. Every minute changes and new opportunites lie ahead. God opens doors for us every day-just keep an open heart.

• Lise
  • Lise's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 11 months ago #6 by Lise
Lise replied the topic: Re:21, pregnant, engaged, confused
I was in similar situation. My fiance and I decided to have an abortion. I am here on this site now looking for relief. I cry through the night so many times. I would be 15 wks preg now but I'm not. Plz don't do it.
Now that I have ended that pregnancy I just want to have another. Having an abortion won't solve your problem; it will just change it.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl