Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

preg 8 weeks scared confused

• monica
  • monica's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #1 by monica
monica replied the topic: Re:preg 8 weeks scared confused
you know you will always be surprised at how parents will show theyre unconditional love. do not worry, your mother loves you at 17 alot of mothers and daughters are not that close. and im sorry to say your boyfriend being adopted should be a little more understanding to your feelings right now. this will change your lives forever. i was recently in a situation somewhat like yours except i was the one who didnt think i could cope with a child yet but you know every time i look at my son now 13 months i smile he is the greatest joy in my life and i am sad i ever even thought of abortion. its hard bu the is the BEST thing to happen to me in my life. good luck hun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Shayna
  • Shayna's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #2 by Shayna
Shayna replied the topic: Re:preg 8 weeks scared confused
Lindsey,

Growing up poor isn't as bad as you may think. I grew up poor because my mother also wasn't economically stable at the time of my birth, but we've had a good life. Even if your boyfriend decides not to stay, your baby is the most important thing in your life now.

It may be hard to think about the baby growing up poor, but it's a poverty in itself to not give the baby a chance at life. Your baby deserves to have a life. Just because a family has money doesn't mean that they are happy. I am happier than most of my friends who have money, and I grew up without it.

I know that life will be hard, but there are a lot of programs out there used to help women like you. I don't know what to do but to beg you not to give into your boyfriend's wishes. You are a strong woman, and you can get through this.

I appologize about your boyfriend. He seems to be taking this pretty hard, but it also seems like he's just worried. When my boyfriend saw the ultrasound of our little one, his face lit up, and he's happier than ever now. After you and him see the proof that there is a baby living within you, then perspectives begin to change. The baby kicks, and it flips, and it moves. It's a living baby. I beg of you to keep it, and even if you don't keep it, give it up for adoption. You will love your baby more than anything once you have it, no matter how hard it may be.

Your mother will be supportive. I'm sure she'll love her grandchild as well. Graduation is important, but your baby is more important. You can have both. If you can get up the courage to ask for help, then you can do this.

Shayna

• carie
  • carie's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #3 by carie
carie replied the topic: Re:preg 8 weeks scared confused
and oh yeah, you are worried about being poor...you know what you will find a way to take care of that baby and you will be amazed on the support you will find from your family and your friends..and you WILL get thru it, i am on a one person income and thankfully my husband takes care of the baby during the day so thats one less expense because we could not afford daycare- its an amazing experience...hang it there.....everything will work out

• carie
  • carie's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #4 by carie
carie replied the topic: Re:preg 8 weeks scared confused
i know how you feel, i am 35 and just had my first child, i did not even know i was pregnant until 6 months. My son is now 4 1/2 months old and he is the best thing that ever happened to me and to think i did not want to have any kids- i have totally changed my mind on that and so glad that it happened...everything happens for a reason, just think you have a little person that will love you and that will need love and you will see it will be the best thing you will ever experience= i know it was for me, its tough but worth it ...and everybody is right...your parents will understand....and you will feel better-

• Susan
  • Susan's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #5 by Susan
Susan replied the topic: Re:preg 8 weeks scared confused
Dear Lindsey

I am not in your shoes. I, however, would be someone who would love to support a woman like you. If you cannot see this child fitting into your life, there are a lot of people like me who have been trying to get pregnant and have not. There are people who would emotionally and financially support you doing your pregnancy and then adopt your child after its birth. Please consider this option. It sounds like your boyfriend would not support this, yet you should think about your options as the mother.

Let me know if you want to talk further.

Susan

• Tara
  • Tara's Avatar Topic Author
11 years 8 months ago #6 by Tara
Tara replied the topic: Re:preg 8 weeks scared confused
hi, I know the horrible situation you are in, just a week ago i went through an abortion because i felt i had no other option at my age, My boyfriend tried to be good about it but i knew he didn't want a child and i was scared to do it by myself....Now i'm sorry, i wished i had thought longer about it, i wished i had talked to someone because now i know i would have been fine if i went ahead with the pregnancy and had my child even if i had to do it by myself, my advice is think long and hard about it and do talk to someone as it makes a big difference, Best of luck with it and just remember its not the end of the world to have a little baby, you will get alot of support from people you may have thought wouldn't support you. Take Care

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl