Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

I am confirmed preggers and 22 but aborting

More
11 years 2 months ago #1 by woman
Think very deeply! People only call it a fetus because it is not born yet. That \"fetus\" has a heart beat by the time you know you are even pregnant.Your baby has the same right to live, the same as you do.I am sure you'll make the right choice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Erica
11 years 2 months ago #2 by Erica
Let me just tell you a little about my experience. I am 8 weeks right now and I had the same thoughts you are having.....I always said I would never consider abortion but when faced with this situation I was so scared. I just went back to college I am supposed to start a new job ....not to mention my BF of 2 years proposed to me on new years eve!!!.....we were not expecting this at all. We had so many plans. His first reaction was abortion! Which i was so angry i never expected this especially from my fiance. (He already has 2 kids too from 2 different women).... Finally he came around and wants to keep the baby......I was so relieved but at the same time I dont feel the happiness i should of expecting a new baby.....he is also very depressed mainly because we had so many goals. But for the first time last night he put his hand on my belly and smiled and that was the best feeling. Trust me I am so glad i didnt make that decision to abort because i know friends who have and they more money on couseling now than they would taking care of the baby......and the love of a baby is so wonderful .....Even though I am dissapointed with myself and scared......I cant wait till i start to grow and ultimately meet my little one. Please reconsider your decision you will live with it for the rest of your life. Whatever you decide though...know that people are not here to judge you ....they are here to comfort you and support you. Good luck and good bless.

More
11 years 2 months ago #3 by surreal
Brinny,

I know the last thing you want to hear is someone preaching to you about your decision, but I think that you wanted input just by coming here. So, here's mine, from experience...
I had an abortion when I was only 17. I was young and scared and just knew I couldn't raise a child. I had no one to talk with me about my alternatives. I went to a clinic in the next state, with my boyfriend, so my parents wouldn't find out.
In my case, they told me the pregnancy test was positive, had me sign some paper work and took me back to the room. They hardly spoke to me. No one told me what to expect, or what I might feel afterward. It was a suction abortion. I was laying there on that cold table, exposed, nervous and so vulnerable. I glanced over and saw through the clear tube coming out of my body, what I knew was that innocent little baby and immediately felt a surge of grief and regret. But it was too late.
I forgave myself a long time ago, but the regret has never left me. I now have five beautiful children ranging in age from 16 to 22, I had my first at age 20. There hasn't been a year that goes by, or an important event in one of their lives that I don't think about what he or she might be doing now or what kind of big brother or sister they would have been.
Even if you're making a responsible decision not to have a child right now, think very hard about considering adoption. My sister tried for years to have a child and was unable to because she had Endometriosis and had to have a complete Hysterectomy. Then they were on a waiting list to adopt. Finally, they got the prettiest baby girl with the thickest jet black head of hair! Who by the way has Cerebral Palsy. My sis is just the best mom, but by this time, they were too old to be approved for another adoption.
My oldest brother didn't find \"Mrs. Right\" until he was in his forties. They found out they couldn't have children. Adoption agencies here in the States said they were too old to adopt, but that didn't stop them. They adopted a sweet baby girl from Belarus.
My point is Brinny, there are so many wonderful people out there who are just aching to have a child to love and raise. It would be the most beautiful and selfless thing you have ever done. What an amazing gift to give a young couple...the gift of a brand new life to have and hold and cherish all their lives. And when people say to you, \"Are you sure you're ready to have a kid?\" you can say, \"I'm giving this precious life to someone who IS ready.\"
Please think about it!

Best of Luck,
Trish

• JK
11 years 2 months ago #4 by JK
Please do not kill your babies! I had my first baby at 15 second at 19 third at 20 and fourth at 23. If you cant accept this baby then please give it up for adoption. There are so many couples out there that want a baby so badly. I could not imagine my life without my daughters. My father almost forced abortion on my first baby but I was too far along for the clinic to kill her and I am so grateful for that. I could never forgive myself if I had killed her. I dont think I could have gone on with life myself. My children are a mirror image of me and their fathers, there are 2 fathers. One for the first and my ex husband is father of the other three. Please consider adoption. Please. At least with adoption you can think of the child and what it looks like not what it could have been with abortion. The child has a heartbeat, a brain, feelings and LIFE. Dont take that away.

• Laura
11 years 2 months ago #5 by Laura
Hey Brinny!
First, I'd just like to say that you are capable of giving your child the life that he/she needs and deserves. This is possible either through you and your boyfriend pulling together and giving your baby a fair chance in the world, or through adoption. I personally believe that abortion is a very selfish and painful option. It's not at all fair to your baby, or the happiness that he/she would bring you & your bf or another couple.. There are sooo many people out there who are unable to have children, and for you to care for a child for 9months and then give it to another family to care for for the rest of it's life is one of the best things you can do if you're totally convinced that you can' care for it. Please give your unborn child a fair and fighting chance. It's the right thing to do. My prayers are with you. Love, Laura

• Jenna
11 years 2 months ago #6 by Jenna
hiya brinny, plz plz think about abortion again,do u rly want to get rid of ur baby or are u scared of having it? Evry girl is scared wen they find out and that can acause us to think irrationally,I know i did, i had an abortion a yr and a half ago n rly regret it.I think about my baby every day, its so true what lisa said u are always asking yourself questions about what he/she would look like or what life would be like, how would it feel to be called mommy.It rly is the hard way out.You feel so empty after and it takes a long time for it to get easier.PLz think again about abortion and what u want. HOpe this helps, take care luv jenna xx

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl