Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THROUGH ALL THIS

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by BigAlsMom02
BigAlsMom02 replied the topic: Re:I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THROUGH ALL THIS
You CAN do this!!! You probably do need a break. Being a parent is really tough especially if you're doing it alone. Do you have anyone that can take your baby for a little while? If I lived anywhere near you I'd do it. Have you ever been diagnosed with clinical depression? Or maybe you have post partum depression. You aren't a screw up. You have such a big heart that you chose to bring a child into this world! . I suffer from depression and somedays I feel like I can't go on, but I do and I do it for my son. Please don't give up!
~Katie~<br><br>Post edited by: Julie, at: 2005/08/01 21:32

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sarah
  • Sarah's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Sarah
Sarah replied the topic: Re:I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THROUGH ALL THIS
Hi, I know how you feel. I have three children and have been on my own since my husband threw me out just before my youngesyt child was born. My daughter (aged 2) is disabled and I spend much ofmy time in and out of hospital with her, and my youngest son also has health problems.
I really want to encourage you to hang on in there, It can only get better. Your son will not be a baby all his life. I have been through some very difficult times as you can well imagine and through those difficult times my faith in God has helped me through. Romans 8:28 says \"All things work together for the good of them who love the Lord.\" and throughout the Bible The Lord continuously reminds us that \"He will never leave us nor forsake us.\" Having God in my life does not mean that You wont have problems. It just means that they will be much easier to face.
Please dont keep on refering to yourself as a \"screw-up\" You were created in the image and likeness of The Living God, He doesn't make screw-ups.
Things are hard for you, I can understand, but it will get better. Dont Give Up!

• robin
  • robin's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 4 weeks ago #3 by robin
robin replied the topic: Re:I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THROUGH ALL THIS
Thank you all so much for everything you said. It was hard not to cry when I was reading it all. Your comments made me feel better. I know I can do this, its just really hard. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I think what gets to me the most is when I go to a store and buy formula or diapers and people look at me like im crazy. And once an old lady saw me with my baby in a store and I heard her say to her friend \"what is SHE doing with a baby. How could she take it out in this weather!?\" Well, sorry lady, I dont have a man to help me out. Thats hard stuff. But, reading all your responses helps me remember that im not alone- that there are other girls doing just what im doing, going through what im going through, and making it. It helps me have the strength to go on. Thanks so much. You guys are awesome people.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #4 by Tarsha05
Tarsha05 replied the topic: Re:I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THROUGH ALL THIS
There are no words of encouragement your baby is the only encouragement you need. Relax don't let things get to you, just remember that you love your baby and you love yourself. Also you will do anything for your baby and yourself. Just take your time believe at the end it will be worth it. :) Just smile at yourself and your baby. Thats your baby and yourself that everything will be okay.

• LaKendra
  • LaKendra's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 4 weeks ago #5 by LaKendra
LaKendra replied the topic: Re:I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THROUGH ALL THIS
i know exactly where you are coming from i am 21 years old and 5 months pregnant and it has not been easy. there have been many days and nights that i just break down and cry, because out of all the times i've needed someone(especially the baby's father) it seems like everyone has turned their back on me including him. most people ae lucky to have a mother to comfort them, but my mother died when i was 6. Anyways, i had to find strength within myself to go on and know that this baby gives me even the more reason. i know what i want for her and it is up to me to get it. SO go to school and make a life for you and your child because you are the only one that can do it. don't let people get you down, don't even sit there and feel sory for yourself. your baby is a gift and is not a hinder to your life more like a pusher. Although for a minute my whole life turned upside down and i felt like i couldn't go on but i was soon to realize what was really important. what's done is done now we have to prepare. don't get me wrog i still have my downs days and i feel like i'm making a mistake by keeping this baby but i soon realize that this is going to change my life for te best. it will be hard but i'm ready. REMEMBER: What don't kill us only makes us stronger. and one day you'll be telling someone your story and how it is important not to give up because you will have by then accomplished so much. KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!!!

• anb
12 years 4 weeks ago #6 by anb
anb replied the topic: Re:I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THROUGH ALL THIS
First of all, you are NOT a screw up. You are beautiful and unselfish because you decided to bring your baby boy in the world. Mothers, no matter the age are strong women. Nobody said that being a young mother would be easy. I read in a magazine that the first year, especially the first six weeks can be tiring and draining. Ask God for peace of mind, strength, and endurance. He can help you in the ways that you wouldn't even imagine. It is still very possible for you to achieve all of your dreams, but you might not be able to do them right when you want to. Don't give up! Remember, you're not alone.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl