Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Child support/Advice

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #1 by krystelandgabe
krystelandgabe replied the topic: Re:Child support/Advice
If he signs his rights away there really isnt anything that you can do, go to a child support agency and ask for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Happy Grandma
11 years 1 month ago #2 by Happy Grandma
Happy Grandma replied the topic: Re:Child support/Advice
Shanna,
Thanks for your response. My daughter decided that it wasn't worth the threats,etc. that she was receiving if she took him in for child support. I am glad to hear that your situation worked out. I went through the same situation with my youngest child (now 19). She was two months old and I thought my world was coming to an end when her father walked away. Little did I know at the time...that was the best thing that could ever happen to me. I met the love of my life when my daughter was almost three. That was sixteen years ago and we are still together today. Each day just gets better.
I guess we all think we know what is best for ourselves...but someone up above may have a different plan for us. I'm sure glad he was watching over me.
Happy Grandma

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by Shana
Shana replied the topic: Re:Child support/Advice
Well to be honest it all depends where you live. Im in Canada. So here you just call maintenance enforcement. ultimitly you will have to wait until the baby is born and then have a paternity test done and then if he still refuses take him to court for child support and then if you have a good lawyer you can have court costs covered as well. BUT...do you really want your daughter to have to deal with this guy for the rest of her life? Does she really want him to be Daddy or would she rather wait like I did and raise her child and one day fall in love and FIND a real Daddy. ( you don't even really have to look, God drops them from the sky when the time is right :) )Sometimes its just not worth the money. In my case it wasn't and I am so much happier now because I have my happy family with a mommy and a daddy and no one to take her away every other weekend or no one for me to argue with or worry about getting money from. It was really hard at first and very financially difficult and there were a lot of struggles for us. But in the end I am so happy with that decision. You can read my story if you want. I Did it on my own and we're happy.
My boyfriend now shares custody with his childs mother and hes so happy to have him but the fights that go on.and the instability of going back and forth between houses and people and rules, I feel sorry for him Im glad its not the route i took.

Shana

More
11 years 1 month ago #4 by emilianyz
emilianyz replied the topic: Re:Child support/Advice
Hi! Im 24 and 13 weeks pregnant .Im so happy you decided to help your daughter with her baby!My parents are helping and supporting me too and Im so thankful bout that!My story is a lil bit like your daughter's but in my case I have told to my ex about my pregnancy and he acted like \"its ok\".He told me he was going to call , I told him that I didnt wanted him to return with me as a couple but i sure wanted him to be responsible bout his baby.Today Im still waiting for his call and Im very worried .I dont know what he will do!.Im looking for info aboutl child suppport on the internet and with some friends but I have to wait until I find him again.But I dont know what I would do if I had not my parents support that is so important to me.My opinion is you should check on your goverment offices in Texas and get all the info you find.I hope things will get better with your daughter!Good Luck!

More
11 years 1 month ago #5 by dillon12
dillon12 replied the topic: Re:Child support/Advice
omg wow people in america have things so much harder. im from New Zealand and if the mother and father arnt together the father has to pay 22% of his yearly income to the mother and if she is not working then she can go on the single mothers benifet which my sis gets 430 a week in support from the goverment and all you have to do is go down to your local winz office which every town has and it cost you nothing, you should move to nz if you have to put up wth all that **** to get money when he also made the baby he shouldnt get a free rid, your goverment is stingey, gud luck hopeyou get what you deserve<br><br>Post edited by: acas, at: 2006/10/17 13:28

More
11 years 1 month ago #6 by mommytoele
mommytoele replied the topic: Re:Child support/Advice
Hello. I have battled Support issues for a while now. I started battling them when I was 16 yrs. old, and now I'm 18 yrs. old. I can go back for support this coming November. How, I am not sure if I will... In NYS it is 17% for one child, which I have...My ex stated he made $200.00 per week, took me back to court with our lawyers stating that was too much. He was paying $35.35- before he took me back... He then stated he made $300.00 per week, and they lowered it to $28.60 per week---->>> Which I've been recieving in November for 2 whole years! I wish you the best of luck... I am fighting it terribly...

Nicki

:dry:

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl