Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

I'm pregnant!?!

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by BigAlsMom02
BigAlsMom02 replied the topic: Re:I'm pregnant!?!
Thanks a million to everyone that replied to my post. Does anyone have any good ideas on how I should tell my parents this time?
~Katie~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kat0400
11 years 10 months ago #2 by kat0400
kat0400 replied the topic: Re:I'm pregnant!?!
Katie-
Congrats, hon! Just writing to let you know that when I had my daughter (15 months now) I was due the week before finals, my last semester in college, and I was going full-time. All of my profs were really understanding about the situation, and two of the four offered (yeah, I didn't even have to ask) that if my grade was really strong in their class, they'd just go off the average for the semester and so I didn't have to take those. The third emailed me a week after delivery to say that she had calculated the grade I'd need to get on the final to make a difference in my grade (I would've needed to get 32% or less on the final) and so she really didn't see a point in me taking it. The fourth prof. let me schedule the final a month after my delivery, and made me a special \"sleep-deprived mom\" study guide. It was really great, but I conferenced with them before I signed up for their classes re: my pregnancy, and they all really seemed to appreciate that I gave them huge advance notice of the situation. Sorry this was so long!
Best wishes, Kathryn

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by Kit
Kit replied the topic: Re:I'm pregnant!?!
Katie -
Congratulations! I'm sure your parents will be supportive once they get over the initial shock. I just started my first semester of grad school this fall. I found out I was expecting in late June and am due February 19. I was worried that I might need to sit out a semester, but it sounds like my advisor and instructors may be willing to arrange independent study classes and/or offer incompletes so I might be able to take a class or two next semester. We'll see how things go. Even if you do have to sit out a semester don't despair. It took me 8 years to finish undergrad (because I dropped out and then took night classes while I worked full time) it wasn't easy but I made it - you can too!

I always thought my blood type was A positive so I wasn't worried about the Rh factor but I found out that it is actually A negative. My husband has type O but he's not sure if he's positive or negative, so I will probably need to have the shots to prevent problems. Congratulations again- and good luck!

• Emma
11 years 10 months ago #4 by Emma
Emma replied the topic: Re:I'm pregnant!?!
hey,

im 17 n i'v just found out that im pregga's too!!! I havent finished high school but i will be soon so thats ok, i wanna do hairdressing n so i can still do that ill just have to wait bout 6 months or something.Im SOOO scared of the childbirth!!! anyways congrats to you for ur second baby!! it will be great for u if ur gunna keep it.

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by BigAlsMom02
BigAlsMom02 created the topic: I'm pregnant!?!
Well I guess I'm pregnant...again. I have a son that will be three on October 12th and I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant again. I took a HPT yesterday morning first thing and there was a faint little line. Today I took another one and there was another faint line. I'm not sure where to go from here. My bf is really happy and I am too but my parents are going to freak. My bf and I don't really have the money right now but I know we'll make it work somehow. I haven't finished college yet and I'm probably going to be due about a month before classes are done next Spring. I know I need to go to the Doc to get a positive blood test and see where all my levels are (iron, cholesterol, etc.) and I also need to discuss the Rh factor because I have it. Well I just thought I'd let everyone know. Wish me luck!
~Katie~

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl