Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Breaking my heart!

More
4 years 5 months ago #1 by renee
renee replied the topic: Breaking my heart!
Gosh, I think it would be heartbreaking for sure to give up your baby! Having siblings and a few good friends who were adopted, and knowing and seeing many young women make such hard choices, I am always absolutely proud of those moms. When I see or hear the stories, from mom or child, I really genuinely respect those mothers and would never ever say they were a BAD mom!! I had a close roommate in college who was adopted from S. Korea and she says every year on her birthday she prays and thanks God for her mother and all the sacrifices that woman made. She hopes to find her one day and thank her for everything; her mom was most likely very alone and ill-treated in a society that really shamed her.. It's beautiful to see my friend's heart for her mother and know there is not an ounce of bitterness, only sincere gratitude! Still, that would be the toughest choice a mother could make!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #2 by queenB
queenB replied the topic: Breaking my heart!
Unfortunately, there are a lot of narrow minded people out there, and there isn't much you can do for them. After all, what other people think about you is none of your business.

Choosing adoption for your child means realizing that you do not have the ability, resources, maturity, etc. to raise your child and that he or she would be able to thrive better with adoptive parents. It takes a very courageous and selfless woman to make an adoption plan for her child. Putting your child's needs above your wants, desires, and other people's opinions of you is a selfless love.

Here is a great website about adoption: http://loveschoice.com

• Punky
  • Punky's Avatar Topic Author
4 years 5 months ago #3 by Punky
Punky replied the topic: Breaking my heart!
This was a question a teenage girl asked me. She is my friend's daughter and a senior in high school. She found out she was pregnant right before school started and decided to keep her baby boy through her pregnancy, but is strongly considering adoption. She thinks everyone will think she is a bad mom for not keeping him.

• Punky
  • Punky's Avatar Topic Author
4 years 6 months ago #4 by Punky
Punky created the topic: Breaking my heart!
My does my heart feel so broken about adoption if it is really the most "loving" thing I can do for a child I can't take care of? Everyone will know I was pregnant and gave up my baby..doesn't that make me a BAD mom?

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl