Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Pregnant? Me?

• Em
  • Em's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #1 by Em
Em replied the topic: Re:Pregnant? Me?
You know...I have a lot of friends who are in stable, wonderful, happy marriages, but can't get pregnant. They are heartbroken. They want so BADLY to have a child to love and raise as their own, but they haven't been blessed with one. They have money, love, time to spare, but no child. Adoption is the gift they pray for and dream of. Giving a child up for adoption is the greatest gift of love. Just a thought. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by Kit
Kit replied the topic: Re:Pregnant? Me?
Annette,

It is good that you were able to discuss with your boyfriend risks and consequences of sex. I won't tell you what to do. When I was 19 I had a pregnancy scare. It turns out that I wasn't pregnant but my b/f at the time said he didn't think that he could be there for the pregnancy. I didn't want to be in a sexual relationship with a partner that would not be willing to face the possibility of pregnancy and be willing to support me and his child. I thought that I was in love with him and he would always be there for me but after thr experience I knew I couldn't cound on him and I wished I had not lost my virginity until I was in a more stable and comitted relationship. It wasn't long before I broke up with him.

If you know already that he would not be supportive and responsible for a child if you became pregnant I would reconsider having sex with him - at least unprotected sex. If you do continue to be sexually active together I would reccommend that you use birth control and/or protection to reduce the chances of pregnancy at this point in your lives.

Kate

• Jamescia
  • Jamescia's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #3 by Jamescia
Jamescia replied the topic: Re:Pregnant? Me?
Hi! I understand your situation because my boyfriend is 18 giong on 19 and has an one year old daughter and just recently had twins from the relationship before me. Now that I think I'm pregnant, and this is not the first time, but I'm really scared. With my first pregnancy I went into pre-term labor at 18 weeks and had my daughter Shania, but she only lived for 26 hours. My family was really disappointed in me for getting pregnant in the first place, so now that I think I'm pregnant again I can almost hear what they are going to say, and that is the part that really makes me a nervous reck because I haven't told them yet. But I know that everybody will stereotype me for being only 16 and this being my second pregnancy, even though no one, but people close to me knew that I was pregnant the first time around. Do you want to know the worst part, I'm on birth control. SUCKS. I'll learn to deal with it though. As for you don't let your boyfriend make you give up something that you may regret in the future. I'll be praying for you and please pray for me. :)

Love,
Jamescia

• vita
  • vita's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #4 by vita
vita replied the topic: Re:Pregnant? Me?
Hi!

I 've been there. On 10th August 2001 (I just realised it was exactly 4 years ago-perhaps, subconsciously, that's the reason why I visited the site), I made the greatest mistake in my life.
I had an abortion that still haunts me night and day. My boyfriend -now my husband- was telling me he would stand by me, but in fact he let me have it. I did it because we had no money, I was still at university and I was afraid of my parents.
Thinking back, the only reason was the fear of my parents. I will never forgive myself. A child should never be a reason to be sad, or afraid. Children can only be synonymous to kindness and happiness. And I am sure that If I had decided to keep my baby, I would have found the strength, money and support I needed. And now I would hold my baby in my arms and have a smile on my face instead of a wound in my heart :(
So, be calm and strong, and try to think how your life will be after your baby is born- it can't be that bad! Besides, you have your mum. And if the baby's father really loves you, you will have him too.
I wish you find the way to your happiness :)

Love,
Vicky

• maime
  • maime's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #5 by maime
maime replied the topic: Re:Pregnant? Me?
hun dont decide what to do based on what if your bf leaves you. i wondered who would want me to (im 33 weeks) my boyfriend is still with me and wonderfully supportive. and at the same time theres a guy i work with who wants to be with me and care for my baby as his own. i realize thats not the most common situation but all im saying is dont base your decision on what if's and uncertianties regarding boys.

• Lorraine
  • Lorraine's Avatar Topic Author
12 years 1 month ago #6 by Lorraine
Lorraine replied the topic: Re:Pregnant? Me?
I will pray for you in whatever decision you should make, but know this: God does NOT make mistakes. Everything happens for a reason, and trust me, He's watching. Do not be scared, be overjoyed. I had my first child at 15, the second at 18, and here comes the third at 22!!! Looking into their faces every day, I know they were sent here to save me. Your Angel is growing inside you as I type this response to you. I wish you luck in your life, and will continue to pray for you, and all the other single-teenage-mothers who need some uplifting.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl