Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Twice as lucky?

• Simplysteph992
6 years 2 months ago #1 by Simplysteph992
Simplysteph992 replied the topic: Re: Twice as lucky?
Good hearing your story.
I'm pregnant with twins right now and the fathers.....well involved when it's convenient for him so pretty much not.
I never thought about abortion but I definitely know what it's like to be terrified and overwhelmed about it all.
I'm a sophomore in college now and I'm very blessed to have the support of my mom so I'm really hoping to finish up my degree so I can support the girls and me on my own. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Saydie
Saydie created the topic: Twice as lucky?
Hi, I'm Sadie. I just joined this site and it's so refreshing to hear from someone that actually understands what I've gone through. I got pregnant at 17 to a guy I'd been going out with for a year or so but when I got pregnant he didn't want anything to do with it and I can understand that. I always thought I would get an abortion if I got pregnant so young but when it came down to it I couldn't make myself, I just kept thinking about baby feet. Little tiny baby feet and how if I got an abortion the thing inside of me would never get little feet, or a proper body or a life. It sounds silly, but I was just always thinking about their tiny baby feet.

My mum was upset when I told her but she's always been supportive of me and understanding; my dad didn't want to know and he stopped talking to me for a while. It all changed a bit when I found out it was twins. That's when I panicked because I didn't even think I would be able to look after one baby, let alone two and I felt trapped into it because I'd already decided to myself I wouldn't get an abortion. I'd made a stand to my parents about it and now if I went back on my word I felt like I was backing out of something. It changed everything being pregnant, a lot of my friends thought I was stupid and even though I got loads of support from my sixform I stopped going when I was 7 months pregnant. I had Max (6, 4 ounces) and Noah (6,1 ounces) 1 month early by C-Section and It was terrifying. The scariest time of my life. But then they were there and all scarlet faced and screaming. I know it sounds cliche but I really did fall in love with at first sight. They had to stay in intensive car for a weak because their lungs where a little weak and I remember looking into those little clear boxes they were kept in and realising they weren't just babies, they were people like me and that I really couldn't mess up their lives.

Noah and Max are three now and I just finished a catering course at my local college. I still live with my mum but she adores the boys and even If I wanted to move out I don't think she'd let me. My boys started nursery a week ago and I think it may of been the proudest day of my life.

Thanks for reading :]

xxxxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl