Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

FDA, AMA & CDC WARNING!!

More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by Charlotte_Louise_
Charlotte_Louise_ replied the topic: Re:FDA, AMA & CDC WARNING!!
This post made me cry - I think it is a really good thing. I had no idea I was going to feel this bad after my decision 4 years ago to have an abortion. If I had seen this notice up in clinics, I would have thought twice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Autumn
8 years 5 months ago #2 by Autumn
Autumn replied the topic: Re:FDA, AMA & CDC WARNING!!
This is incredibly touching and heartwarming. You should send this into the president or some influential leader. I think if we all stand up against abortion, it can and will be made illegal again, as it should be. It is such a contradictory topic for those who support it, but not murder or dangerous actions during pregnancy.

BUT I encourage you to include this in your statement: Roe v. Wade was the court case in which abortion was made legal. Roe(a psuedonym) is now speaking out against abortions after having had one herself. I think that is an important fact in the pro-life v. pro-choice debate.

More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by myangelsinheaven
myangelsinheaven created the topic: FDA, AMA & CDC WARNING!!
If I were to share the most important thing about my experiences with abortion it would be its lasting effects on the surviving victims. Regardless of the age of the young woman, married or not, the life of that woman will never be the same as we are led to believe by those who are in support of abortion, and the ones performing and assisting in abortions.

Are we not told in life that driving under the influence of alcohol can be fatal to ourselves, the passengers in the car with us and those other unsuspecting drivers on the road? Is that not illegal and aren't we jailed and sent to court for it? Don't we receive counseling and therapy if we are drinking while pregnant and told the terrible effects of alcohol on our unborn fetus? If a mother continues to drink while pregnant and delivers a baby who has fetal alcohol syndrome, or goes through withdrawal at birth, isn't she looked upon as an irresponsible and incapable mother who has put her baby in danger? Social Services are no doubt involved and the baby's progress is monitored....all because of what the mother chose to do while pregnant. As of May 14, 2009, Supermarkets must display pregnant women alcohol warning posters. These posters are to warn women not to drink alcohol while pregnant and to inform them of the health risks surrounding alcohol use.

Are we not warned as pregnant mothers to avoid inhaling certain chemicals, paints and pollutants so as not to affect the early development of our unborn fetus since those fumes may cause birth defects, retardation or even death?
Smoking while pregnant even gets it's own headlines in the news as being a danger to our baby that is so fragile inside our womb. The Surgeon General even warns: Smoking by pregnant women may result in fetal injury, premature birth, and low birth weight Taking over the counter medications while pregnant warrants concern and an FDA warning label: As with any other drug, if you are pregnant or nursing seek the advice of a health professional before using this product Some even have an additional WARNING: It is especially important not to use ASPIRIN during the last three months of pregnancy because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.

In a world where there is such an expressed concern for the unborn child and the impact that the choices of its mother has on that unborn life, and the subsequent lasting effects of those choices on the baby following its birth, it seems to me that there should be as much as, if not more of a concern for the life of the unborn with regards to a woman's choice for abortion. Almost as importantly, there should be concern for the health of the mother and the health risks to her, as a result of using the abortion drugs, the over-the-counter availability of abortion services, and obviously the lasting effects that it has on her as the surviving victim. Why are the side effects not mentioned to the unsuspecting mother before the abortion is performed? Why isn't there FDA, CDC, AMA Warning labels, or Surgeon General Warnings?

All of our situations are different in a lot of ways, and our pain and loss of a baby or babies to abortion is personal, but the cruel and devestating side effects are the same for all. Isn't the life of our unborn babies and the health of us, as their mothers, worth an FDA,CDC, or AMA WARNING against the use of abortion services or abortion medications?

If I could design one, this would be my WARNING!!! label that I would place on the doorway leading into the abortion clinics.

WARNING
From the Food and Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control, and the American Medical Association:
Research has shown, that the use of Abortion services, or abortion medications while pregnant and at any time during pregnancy is fatal to the life of your unborn fetus and can be fatal to your own life. Subsequent symptoms may also include blood loss, extreme abdominal pain, hospitalization due to complications, an immediate sense of guilt and shame, loss of interest in everyday living, lack of attention and care for oneself, possible infertility, increasing feeling of unworthiness, depression and grief, strong desire to conceive again, years of counseling and therapy may be inevitable, separation from loved one due to these side effects is highly possible, the use of antidepressants may be necessary to continue through life, sleeplessness, night sweats and nightmares may haunt you while sleeping, and a longing for your baby that will never be satisfied and one that will be with you until the end of time.
The amount of time, care and money it takes to treat one young girl or woman over a period of 20 yrs or so as a result of using abortion services and it's medications to abort offered by the medical community, can be compared to the cost of raising one baby. From prenatal care, through delivery to school age until the child reaches 18 yrs old......it would be interesting to discover, possibly, that our society could not only be saving the lives of our future generations at a smaller cost to the parents and tax payers, but that we could be preventing the loss of tax payers' dollars to a lifetime of follow up medical services and treatment of post-abortive symptoms.

With an active role in sites like StandUpGirl, in local communities and in sharing our stories, we can bring about an awareness and a consciousness before abortion occurs. We can speak out loudly and courageously about our personal experience with abortion and give a voice to our unborn babies so that we can help other young mothers carry their babies to term and truly hear the voice of theirs.

My love, compassion and support are with all of you struggling with the post-abortive effects that you were not warned against before you made your choice.

myanglesinheaven

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl