Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Creepy Cousin???

• MissKirsty
  • MissKirsty's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #1 by MissKirsty
MissKirsty replied the topic: Re:Creepy Cousin???
It went well, I'm still not sure if I was reading into the hugs and the quiet talking or not, but nothing bad happened and I mostly visited with his wife. Thanks for asking :-)

Thanks for the ideas Evangeline! :-)

I'm being more careful around him, but it seems to change from time to time whether I feel uncomfortable around him or not. Who knows.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by kez_mummy_2_skye
kez_mummy_2_skye replied the topic: Re:Creepy Cousin???
How did it go.
At least his wife was there if anything did happen. Just be VERY cautious.

More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by Evangeline
Evangeline replied the topic: Re:Creepy Cousin???
You gotta learn to be assertive:) You can stand up for yourself without being rude. Tell him that even though you know he means you no harm, it makes you uncomfortable and you'd like him to stop...
Stay safe
Evangeline.

• MissKirsty
  • MissKirsty's Avatar Topic Author
8 years 8 months ago #4 by MissKirsty
MissKirsty replied the topic: Re:Creepy Cousin???
Thanks for your replies, girls! :-) They were very helpful!
I decided that I would only go for two hours instead of the full day, and that I would stick close to his wife. Thankfully they live in a condo so it's pretty small and there's like no privacy.
You are so right, I sooo do not want to be rude that I take unnecessary chances. I just don't know how to change that.

• Autumn
8 years 8 months ago #5 by Autumn
Autumn replied the topic: Re:Creepy Cousin???
Maybe you should mention to him that it made you uncomfortable? I know exactly how you feel about the hugging thing. I'm not comfortable with hugs like that, either, and I know that I can get a little carried away with the meaning of a hug. I would trust your feelings, though, because many women don't and end up in a bad situation. But bring it to his attention! Maybe he meant nothing by it, or maybe he did.

More
8 years 8 months ago #6 by Evangeline
Evangeline replied the topic: Re:Creepy Cousin???
Always trust your gut feeling, it's a problem with us women, we don't wanna appear rude, so we walk into a situation that feels wrong/ uncomfy just so we don't hurt anyone's feelings. Play it safe and follow yr instincts.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl