Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Should I tell her mother?

• MissKirsty
8 years 9 months ago #1 by MissKirsty
MissKirsty replied the topic: Re:Should I tell her mother?
Hi Stephen!
Yikes, that's a tough situation! I would say that you should wait to say anything until you know for SURE that your gf is pregnant. Then you might want to tell her parents in public (like a restaurant or something) so that they cannot hurt her in the first reaction. Also, your gf might want to contact someone, not sure who, maybe a councilor at school or something and tell them about her dad's threat.
Oh, and by the way, if you want more people to reply to your question, click on "new thread" at the top of this "personal experiences" section. Then your post will not appear as a reply. :-)
Good luck, keep us updated, ok?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stephenthomas
8 years 9 months ago #2 by stephenthomas
stephenthomas replied the topic: Re:Should I tell her mother?
I am a 16 year old guy and i need some help with a situation. i like the advice you gave this person. me and my girlfriend just found out she may be pregnant. i love her dearly and i cant stand to see her get hurt. if we tell her parents her dad will beat her till he kills our baby. he said himself i f i get her pregnant before 18 he would. i love my baby even tho it is not born i love him or her. please help me i know im a guy but still we all need help.

More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by xxnicolaxx
xxnicolaxx replied the topic: Re:Should I tell her mother?
its not your place to tell her mother. talk to her you can be there as support i suppose.. but put yourself in her place if she told your mother. if i was a mother and my daughters friend told me id be dissapointed that my own daughter couldnt tell me.. it is not a bad thing you care for your friend but if your a friend can you imagine the care and help and support she can get from her family... but stay with her sometimes its easier to tell a friend but help her to tell her mother..

More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by insubordinateximpx09
insubordinateximpx09 replied the topic: Re:Should I tell her mother?
I know you are in a bad position but it is not your responsibility to tell her mother. I agree with Merla 100%. My friend told her mom I was pregnant, and her mom is best friends with my mom. Needless to say my mom found out because of my friend and I no longer talk to this friend. I will never forgive her and that's that. It would be a different story if your friend was under 18 but she's not.

More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by mimipie2002
mimipie2002 replied the topic: Re:Should I tell her mother?
i think you should most definitly tell er mom ..
but talk to her first nd tell her how
you are going to tell her mom
nd have a plan
dont just show up there nd talk
:)

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #6 by TooHelp
TooHelp replied the topic: Re:Should I tell her mother?
You could always send an anonymous letter to her mother however, that would probably back fire.

I would talk to your friend. Show her information concerning the importance of going to the doctor and just be the loving and caring friend that you already are. Sometimes we just have to let our friends make mistakes and be there to help them up when they fall.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl