Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Father's rights?

More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by tragicxtryst
tragicxtryst replied the topic: Re:Father's rights?

Autumn, considering your last post, it seems you've got your mind made up. I remember at fourteen, how much in love I was with my first boyfriend. It's been quite a few years and I can tell you that because it was real, we've been able to make a friendship work and we still love each other (as friends) very, very much.

You've got a lot ahead of you, but I think you'll pull through. Both in this pregnancy, and your relationship with this boy. Best of luck, dear.

~Rubee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Autumn
  • Autumn's Avatar Topic Author
9 years 2 months ago #2 by Autumn
Autumn replied the topic: Re:Father's rights?
We are together, now. It took a month and a half but we finally worked through things and decided that either way, we were always together. As of the way things are right now, we hope to go through high school and eventually move in and live together- and I do realize that's a possibility of not happening, but that's what we both want, right now.

I talked to him about the possibility, and he was hurt for many reasons. I realize that their is NO reason whatsoever why he shouldn't be on the birth certificate. He's very capable of being a good father, a good husband, and a good provider. He just needs the chance to prove himself. I don't think it would be fair for me to take away his rights as a father, especially since he's been so supportive of me and the baby. He's been with me up until now, wanting to go to doctor's visits, trying to save money, etc. And he's going to through labor and delivery with me. :)

Despite our age, we know that we are in love. I've had doubts before, but I know now that what we've gone through and are going through has proven us to be very strong together, and all we do is grow and become closer. He's the most beautiful person in the world to me, and has shown me light in so many different ways. I heard once when I was younger that you were in love when you could sit on a couch, holding hands, watching TV for hours, and it'd be the happiest place in the world to you. And that's the case for us. But I know that we have a lot of maturing and growing to do, but I want and need him by my side for the coming months and years to come, even if we turned out to be \"just friends.\"

More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by ashbabe
ashbabe replied the topic: Re:Father's rights?
even if his names not on the birth certificate he can still go for a custody battle over your child. but usually the court tries to keep the child with it's mother unless your boyfriend prooves that you're being an unfit parent (which i can see wont really happen because you seem like you'll be able to take care of this child) plus it doesnt seem like he's in a stabble position to have help and take care of the child. i hope it all works out :)

More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by jessey223
jessey223 replied the topic: Re:Father's rights?
I have a 5 year old and her father and I are no longer together. His name is on her birth certificate and although I have gone thru my fair share of problems I don't know that I would have done it any differently if I was given the chance. However one thing I think I would have done differently was have my daughters last name the same as mine. Like it or not that is your child's father and regardless of the relationship you have with him now or 15 years from now he is still the dad. I think it is a mothers job to make sure they make constant attempts for the child to know their father so the child or the father can never blame the lack of a relationship on the mother. This is something you need to decide. I don't know if his name not being on the birth certificate affects child support or not so that maybe something you want to look into. And given he is the dad if his name is not on the birth certificate I would have a hard time believing that he could not take you to court, prove he is the dad and then have rights to the child.

Best of luck to you

Jessica

• HighDefinitionLove
9 years 2 months ago #5 by HighDefinitionLove
HighDefinitionLove replied the topic: Re:Father's rights?
There very well could be a custody battle if his name is on the B/C. But, there could be if is name isn't on it too...

• Autumn
  • Autumn's Avatar Topic Author
9 years 3 months ago #6 by Autumn
Autumn replied the topic: Re:Father's rights?
Hmm... yes, I think we should try that. Money is not an issue, fortunately. My parents are financially stable and able to take care of me and the baby for a few years until I finish school.

My only issue /still/ is that I want his name to be on the birth certificate. But I do have to do what is best. He's planning to be at the hospital with me during delivery, as well.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl