Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Hello. 6 weeks!

More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by tragicxtryst
tragicxtryst replied the topic: Re:Hello. 6 weeks!

Gotta be honest, I'm pretty much in the same boat with the parental units. I have no clue how to tell them. My dad's the chill one and my mom's kinda psychotic, and I'm only seventeen. :blink:

Anyway, I'm glad you decided to keep your baby. That's really a great decision. I'm sure that you and your boyfriend will find the most suitable way to let your parents know. Just be calm and rational about it; there's no way they can deny you if you show them that you can handle yourself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by winterishrain
winterishrain replied the topic: Re:Hello. 6 weeks!
Hi, I was also out of the country when I had to tell my parents. I told my mom first, because she's the one who would support my decision to keep the baby, while my dad may have urged an abortion. Flying home and back would have cost too much money, and money is precious when you have a baby on the way. So, I suggest saving the money for the much needed baby stuff, unless your lucky enough not to have to worry about it. I wrote my mom an email and she ended up calling a few minutes later and we talked about it for hours. It really helped to tell someone.

More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by ashbabe
ashbabe replied the topic: Re:Hello. 6 weeks!
i think it would probably be best to tell them on the phone so they can maybe adjust to it and the fly and see them in the few days that pass depending on how they take it.. if your mom is pretty cool as u say then if ur dad gets upset im sure ur mom can calm him.. i hope they dont get too upset.. i mean u've been living with ur bf and you seem to know what you're doing! so congrats on the pregnancy!! hope everything works out :)

More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by jessey223
jessey223 replied the topic: Re:Hello. 6 weeks!
It depends on your relationship with your parents. It sounds like you have done the hard part, decided what it is you want to do. Chances are your parents will come around. Sometimes it takes longer than others. Good luck.

More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by insubordinateximpx09
insubordinateximpx09 replied the topic: Re:Hello. 6 weeks!
A lot of girls had suggested telling their parents through a letter, which could be an option, but I think maybe you should call them and then if they freak out, it would give them time to relax and then you could fly back home and have a real conversation with them, but either way, like kirsty said, you'll feel much better once they know, no matter how they react.

More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by buttercupps
buttercupps replied the topic: Re:Hello. 6 weeks!
Thanks Kirsty :)

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl