Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Please Give Me Some Advice

9 years 6 months ago #1 by LillieAunas_Mommy!
LillieAunas_Mommy! replied the topic: Re:Please Give Me Some Advice
I think that if you have that big of a problem with your mothers drinking you should move in with your boyfriend especily if your little boy is living there with you because it might be effecting him too seeing his grandma drinking. You would be getting an emancipation and as long as you can show the court you are able to make desicions yourself and take care of yourself everything should be ok. Just follow your heart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • insubordinateximpx09
  • insubordinateximpx09's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
9 years 6 months ago #2 by insubordinateximpx09
insubordinateximpx09 created the topic: Please Give Me Some Advice
I really don't know where to start with this but I'll try explaining it the best I can. Me, my boyfriend, and my son live with my mom, younger brother, and stepdad. Right now I'm 16, but I'll be turning 17 in a little over a month, and my boyfriend is 18. My mom's had a drinking problem for as long as I can remember and it's affected my life tremendously. Me and her used to fight really bad and it often lead to me leaving. I ended up moving in with my boyfriend for two months the last time we fought. She was drinking less as my pregnancy progressed and my moods were starting to balance out and I was able to deal with my problems better (I have bi-polar disorder). Recently she's been starting to drink more and more again. Tonight, I tried talking to her about it and to my amazement, I didn't yell or scream or anything like that. I actually talk to her and tried to explain why her drinking made me upset. However, it didn't go over like I had hoped it would, and she told me that maybe I should just go stay at my boyfriend's house. Now, I don't have a problem with my boyfriend's family or anything, I just prefer to stay at my house. Now, I don't think I have a choice except to leave. I just want some suggestions on everyone's take on me and my boyfriend possibly getting an apartment together. I know we'd be able to pay, and I could legally move out on my own if my mom signs court papers. I just want to know if anyone else has ever gone through anything like this and what they did. Sorry if this seems confusing at all, I'm just having a hard time. Please reply, I could really use some advice and support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page


StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl