Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

I had a boy!

More
9 years 6 months ago #1 by kez_mummy_2_skye
kez_mummy_2_skye replied the topic: Re:I had a boy!
What a great birth story and thanks for sharing coz i really love reading about different births.
Different but nice name too!
CONGRATS. I hope he is sleeping well for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #2 by dreamsconflict
dreamsconflict created the topic: I had a boy!
Baby: Collins William

Original Due Date: February 3

Birthdate: February 8, 4:03 pm

Gestational age: 41 weeks

Weight/Length- 8 lbs 2 oz, 21\"

Story:
Well he finally made it here. My 40th week I spent with a bad case of the flu. I had a fever and was in the er for 24 hr supervision. Thursday was the first day I was feeling sort of back to my old self. I went in for my dr's appt and she stripped my membranes. I was at 3 cm, 80% and he was really low. Anyway this was all around 3 pm on thursday. I left and went to the market. Aftr walking around there I started feeling crampy. I didnt think anything of it because it was fairly normal for me to feel that way after a dr's visit. Around 1-2 am I started noticing that the cramps had a pattern and were getting closer. I started timing them. They were right around 10 min apart. By 4 am they were 4-5 mins apart and we headed to the hospital. When I got there my dr checked me and said I was a looser 3 and 90% so she said she might as well keep me. (you're supposed to be at least at a 4 before they keep you at my hospital). Five minutes after she made that decision I had a major bloody show. Another five minutes later I had a horrible wave of nausea and as I was throwing up my water broke everywhere. It was totally crazy. They been slow to admit me to a room before then but as soon as that happened they dashed me into one. The painless contrax Id been having before changed drastically. All of a sudden I was in soooo much pain. Oddly all I wanted was to be in the water. They got me in a shower and I sat on the floor of the shower for about an hour and a half. I got totally exhausted around 7 am friday morning. They gave me a narcotic to try to dull the pain and let me sleep for awhile. The narcotic made me totally crazy. Id been handling the pain ok till then but I couldnt think straight at all with whatever they gave me. I also still was hurting like crazy. So I asked for an epidural. It was truly a miracle. The minute they got it in the pain dissapeared and I was able to sleep till about 3:40. At that point I woke up looked at my dr and said I think its time to push. She checked me and said \"Yup you're right.\" 23 min later he was out.Everyone was shocked that my first was a) so big and b) I pushed him out so easy. Hes breast feeding ok. Better at night time then during the day but were making progress. His apgar scores were 9 and 9 and were both home now. Im very sore but I didnt have any stitches so were doing well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl