Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

How much does having a baby cost?

More
9 years 10 months ago #1 by Kellyafields3
Kellyafields3 replied the topic: Re:How much does having a baby cost?
well the good thing about going public is it is free, me as a broke 18 year old plans to go completely free. my father has good health insurance but i cant afford to pay 20 dollars every time i see the doctor. my sister is public in new york and the medication for the baby is completely free.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by nishab98
nishab98 replied the topic: Re:How much does having a baby cost?
Well I work in the Health insurance field and I see the bills come in on a daily basis. For the cost of delivery, anesthsia, etc. In the US the hospital charges ONLY if you have a normal vaginal birth (48hr time frame in the hospital).

This is a womens claim I paid today to give you an example. Her hospital bill was $4878.52 this is not including the Dr who delivers the baby which was another $2200.00 then the anesthesia bill was $525.00. Mind you those are just your charges then there is the nursery bill which came out to $3069.00. So that brings the total for the delivery to $10,672.52. Again this is in the US so it may be different where you are from.

Also you had your prenatal visits that get very costly!! I have medical insurance through my job So for me and the baby I have a $400cpy for my delivery. Then i paid one copay of $30 for all of my prenatal care. You should look into gettimg some insurance. It really does help!!

More
9 years 10 months ago #3 by Rdorman
Rdorman replied the topic: Re:How much does having a baby cost?
How about in the U.S.? I'm just curious... :)

More
9 years 10 months ago #4 by Mommieofchris
Mommieofchris replied the topic: Re:How much does having a baby cost?
well may i just say that my mother back in 1997 paied close to 3000 bucks for a c section ... also you must consider if the child has some sort of problem afterwards.. three days after my son was born he was extreemly sick.. had to be air vac'ed to another city, and that by itself was 1300 bucks...

More
9 years 10 months ago #5 by KylieAUS
KylieAUS replied the topic: Re:How much does having a baby cost?
Hey...im aussie and had my baby girl in June. My advice to you would be to go public. All public care - appointments and the hospital stay is 100% free... i did not pay one cent during my entire pregnancy. There are many types of care to choose from. I got a type where i saw the same midwife the whole time and she delivered my baby on the day...well night... and i have her this time again too!!!

More
9 years 10 months ago #6 by alexanders_mama
alexanders_mama replied the topic: Re:How much does having a baby cost?
Well it didn't cost me a cent because I went public, and there were so many babies born when Alex was that they put me up in a private room for the first day for free! Not that you didn't already know that lol.
But yeah, public didn't cost me anything. Except for a whole bunch of nerves that is lol. But I was probably just not very lucky when it came to midwives and stuff...

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl