Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

I chose abortion once, I chose life twice

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by babytransistor
babytransistor created the topic: I chose abortion once, I chose life twice
Just sitting here thinking of what to say. It is hard to know where to start.
I recently had a medical abortion. This is after I was convinced to be Pro-Life for years. This after all I KNOW about abortion. This is after choosing life by having my other two children as a single mom (well, with the second child I was with my fiance for the pregnancy before he left when our daughter was 5 months old). This after becoming a Christian & KNOWING what I did was wrong.
I still do not understand why I did what I did. I am a member of Stand Up Girl after all. It is unthinkable, right? How can someone do what I did.
All I can say is, until you walk a mile in someone else's shoes, you just cannot possibly know what they are going through. I had several reasons, including my health & my other two children, for doing what I did. None of them seem important now. I know I made the wrong choice. I know I got scared and I was feeling overwhelming stress & fear. I know that I had to answer to God for what I did.
But I also believe in a loving & forgiving God. I also believe that He is with me now, and I feel He might even be saying to me \"Just because you did this doesn't mean that choosing to keep the other two doesn't matter.\" I am trying to focus on my children, who need me so much, and get back to my life.
But I will leave you with this - if you think you are the \"exception\" to the rule, and that you can \"handle\" an abortion, and that you \"would never\" do such a thing, and that people who do such a thing are horrible - think again. Because you just don't know what journey you will walk. I don't know why I made the choices I made, and I am suffering for them even though I know that I don't have to. I know that God has forgiven me. It is still a suffering, it is still a loss, and even though I was only 6 weeks along with no heartbeat - it was still a human life.
Maybe going through this experience has made me realize that. God uses bad things in your life and turns them into good - well, I believe somehow he can use the experience I just went through and turn into something good. I also know that he loves me, and he loves all women having to face this decision. He loves women struggling with young children and no husbands. I think we have to support & love people, no matter what they have done wrong. I think Jesus would be here with me, and love and support me even though what I have done would make Him very sad.
Only God knows what is in my heart, and knows why I made the choice that I made. I know I thought I was making the best decision I could make at the time. I was on the pill for 4 years and got pregnant anyway - it is when you are faced with something so totally unexpected that your faith is put on the line. Mine wasn't strong enough this time. I hope there won't be a next time, but no matter what comes along I know my faith will be stronger next time. Maybe that's why I am going through this trauma. I don't know why. I don't have all the answers.
But I still need your love, support, and prayers to get through this. And I hope you will not think that my testimony on SUG is worthless just because of this one thing that I did - I still chose life for my two children & I am very proud of what I did, bring them up all by myself. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone stumbles. We are all human.
I just wanted to share.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl