Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

choosing adoption - duedate5/11/08

More
9 years 11 months ago #1 by letsmakelove496
letsmakelove496 replied the topic: Re:choosing adoption - duedate5/11/08
I just want to say that I am so glad you decided to give this child life. whether or not you choose to raise it on your own, or choose adoption.. the important thing is that you chose LIFE. and thats the most precious gift you can give.

you should read The Girls Who Went Away by Ann Fessler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2 by randomchyck220
randomchyck220 replied the topic: Re:choosing adoption - duedate5/11/08
Hey maybe I can help, I'm 17 years old and 16 weeks pregnant. I'm having my baby 5/20/08 a little after yours. I'm really scared too, i work two jobs, i go to school /w two years left in high school, but the only thing thats different with me is that my boyfriend is still in the picture. Trust me, your family will come around to help you while your in school. My advice is to get a part-time or full time job while you go to school, save up as much money as you can, and who said you cant go to school with a baby? Its been done before and you can do it. At least your in college. I really envy you lol, I feel like dropping out everyday but the thought of my baby growing inside me keeps me going no matter what everyone else thinks/says. I'm doing everything and anything i can for the future of my child. Plus, there's alot of financial aid programs, you dont necessarily need welfare or anything like that, but they have state programs for discounted daycare and stuff like that so you could still go to school. If you want any more advice im here =]

More
9 years 11 months ago #3 by Mommy2Kylie
Mommy2Kylie replied the topic: Re:choosing adoption - duedate5/11/08
oh hun I am so sorry you feel so lost and alone. I was 15 when I got pregnant. My daughter is now 2 1/2 years old. I am a freshman at MTSU. As hard and difficult as it may seem, its not as hard as most parents and friends think it will be. Im not gonna lie everyday is a struggle, but worth pulling out of no doubt. A child is a precious gift and at least you are giving it life. KUDO'S to you girl. By the way if you need to talk I love talking to people who have or are going through the same thing as I did and am, its nice to have ppl relate.

More
9 years 11 months ago #4 by nadza
nadza replied the topic: Re:choosing adoption - duedate5/11/08
i have so much of respect 4u, honestl and truely becoz u r not being selfish and snatching away his/her life by aborting him/her but u are instead giving him/her such a precious gift...if u eva wanna chat feel totally free

More
9 years 11 months ago #5 by kez_mummy_2_skye
kez_mummy_2_skye replied the topic: Re:choosing adoption - duedate5/11/08
i agree with Alexanders Mummy :)
Having a child isnt all about materialism, its love. Hey not every child has to have everything out there, a baby can sleep in a drawer if you had to, i was given that advice if i didnt have anything and that was from an old lady. If the baby has the bare essentials ur sweet.
So many people told me babies cost alot of money- yeah right they do! thats only if you spoil ur kid

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by mommy2lucas
mommy2lucas replied the topic: Re:choosing adoption - duedate5/11/08
you are sooo brave idk how i could ever do that....i decided to keep my baby...i am 17 and a single mom but my parents are a great support...just curious as to why u have to move away....good luck with the pregnancy and i know god will be there with u through this all

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl