Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

What last name does the baby get?

More
10 years 1 week ago #1 by justkeepsmilin
justkeepsmilin replied the topic: Re:What last name does the baby get?
II AM CURR3NTLY 16 N ALF WEEKS PREGNANT TH3 BBYS DAD AND I R NOT TGETH3R AS IT WAS A ONE NIIGHT STAND BUT WE GET ON WELL AND E IS PROPA CARIIN AWAIS WANTS TO NO HOW ME N THT BBY R AT FIRST HE WASNT TO PLEASED BUT NOW E IS SO XCYTED HE AS ASKED IF BBY CAN HAV HIS SURNAME I AV SE YES BECAUSE I THINK A CHILD SHUD AV HIS FATHERS AME IF THE DAD GUNNA B IN ITS LIFE THT MYOPIINIION

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 week ago #2 by newmother007
newmother007 replied the topic: Re:What last name does the baby get?
i gave my daughter her father's last name. that is because if him and i stay together and get married, we will all have the same last name. but if we seperate,and i was to marry another man, then she would have a different last name than me no matter what.
if you don't name the father on the birth certificate, then give it your last name.
my personal preference is that if the father is going to be a part of his child's life, then he deserves to have his last name given to the child.

More
10 years 1 week ago #3 by Ch3y_IS_BACK!!
Ch3y_IS_BACK!! replied the topic: Re:What last name does the baby get?
frst of all if you know the relashionship aint' gonna last don't bother having a baby with the guy...that would be selfish of you and inconsiderate of the child...secondly if you do have a kid give it a double barrell name that begins with your name that way you can just drop it off the end if the dad drops off in the end....problem solved...X

More
10 years 1 week ago #4 by breathless
breathless replied the topic: Re:What last name does the baby get?
Well since I'm not married to my boyfriend when my son was born he was automatically baby Graham (my last name) but on the birth certificate his last name is Vickers (my boyfriend). I think that usually the Father's last name is what the baby gets unless decided otherwise. You can also combine both last names (someone else said that as well) or I've heard you can give them a whole new last name which I think is weird but apparently you can!!

More
10 years 1 week ago #5 by washuchan
washuchan replied the topic: Re:What last name does the baby get?
Its really based on the circumstance. Like mine before i messed up in january i would have given the child his last name. I knew he would stay and gladly give up his military career if need me. I immeditily started going out with him the 2nd day we actually talked in depth. If you know theyre going to stay for support and vistitations, known them for a long time id have his last name. If i had a iffy feeling and scared of him leaving my last name.

More
10 years 1 week ago #6 by KylieAUS
KylieAUS replied the topic: Re:What last name does the baby get?
The baby gets whatever last name you want to give it. My daughter has my last name, not her fathers, and my next baby will have my last name too. The theory with my daughter getting my last name is that she would be living with me so it would be easier. Dont feel pressure to let your bf/fiance have naming rights just because he is the father.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl