Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Discrimination?!

More
9 years 10 months ago #1 by kez_mummy_2_skye
kez_mummy_2_skye replied the topic: Re:Discrimination?!
yes i would say something too, just to voice your opinion. What sucks is that they should be happy that as a young mum you want to further your career as well as looking after a child.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #2 by KylieAUS
KylieAUS replied the topic: Re:Discrimination?!
Yes. Complain to uni or they could flunk you. Im doing a supplementary exam for a topic of uni i did last semester in january, i got it because i was pregnant/would have a baby. I asked them that same question. What if i couldnt find a sitter? And they said then apply for a supplamentary exam and i got it. If i can then you should be able too.

More
9 years 10 months ago #3 by alexanders_mama
alexanders_mama created the topic: Discrimination?!
:angry: :dry:
We have uni exams starting from, well actually this Saturday, so today, but MY first exam is on a Monday.
What happened is that I couldn't get babysitting for that exam, and I tried. I did hand my form in a bit late, but I was still trying to get babysitting before then. You know, looking around trying to find someone, but people are either working, have an exam or busy otherwise.
So I asked them (uni) for a special examination, becuase there is NOONE to babysit. I have no family in this country, and my ex...well he's just an ex who's off there having fun at nightclubs or something, I don't know, we don't talk and he has no relationship with us.
And they rejected it.
I'm a bit lost on what to do, other than being :angry: . I know, partially it's my fault for handing it in a little late, but STILL, the reason they stated was that my reason did not fit into the rules for special examination, and I was looking for babysitting before the whole handing in stage.
I mean, what exactly am I supposed to do, leave a two and a half year old alone at home.
Grr...Sorry for the rant, what I'm getting at, does anybody have any suggestions? Should I go to the discrimination officers or something?

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl