Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Why shouldnt I love him

More
9 years 9 months ago #1 by Monicathree
Monicathree replied the topic: Re:Why shouldnt I love him
Isn't it just like God to, out of something as tragic and brutal as rape, bring something so innocent and pure and full of love just for you. I know that many women who abort after rape actually compound their pain. Cause if you think about it, now, out of this horrible and violent act, another horrible and violent act is being commited.

You are amazingly insightful! When you look at a baby in ultra sound or a picture of fetal development, you can't tell if how the baby was conceived, whether it was on a honeymoon marital bed, the back seat of a car, in the park, or from a horrible thing like abuse or rape...what is obvious is that it is a person...a unique person!!

We can't discriminate against people cause of their origins...you know that is a very slippery slope that is what Hitler, the KKK, and nazis and the like do:ohmy: ....

Take care all!!! I will say a special prayer intention for you.

I also agree that the child does not need to know about the rape.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #2 by americanamelie
americanamelie replied the topic: Re:Why shouldnt I love him
all children are a blessing. no exceptions, period. you are that child's mother, and it is up to you to love your baby unconditionaly. :) Youre rape was a tragedy, but your baby isnt. Just because sex is supposed to be a consensual act doesnt make your baby an abomination. it will take a certain level of maturity to stand up to those people and tell them that this baby is a JOY, just as all babies are. Stand up for that child; it will be years before he will be able to stand up for himself!
my heart is with you through this hard time. even though i chose to have sex, my family cant look at this pregnancy without sadness. That's actually part of the reason I have chosen adoption-- this baby deserves to be treated like a joy and blessing by everyone around him/her. I dont blame them though, just as you shouldnt. this is a hard adjustment for all that love you and hate what was done to you.
youre in my prayers.

More
9 years 9 months ago #3 by lifeandmusic8975
lifeandmusic8975 replied the topic: Re:Why shouldnt I love him
no one has a right to treat your baby that way!! Especially not his own family! I hope that they realize someday that they could potentially make an extreme impact on how he feels about himself. He has every right to be happy!! You are a wonderful mother and just make sure you always make him feel loved since he may not get it from anyone else!! Good luck and I will be praying for you. If you need to talk to someone please feel free to email me lifeandmusic8975@yahoo.com

More
9 years 9 months ago #4 by MissMyKidz
MissMyKidz replied the topic: Re:Why shouldnt I love him
I totally agree with you. Two of my babies were a product of rape. Granted I lost both of them but I still love them. I still cry myself to sleep at night because I don't know what they would be like right now. I hated the circumstances and I didn't want them but the longer they were a reality the more I grew to love them. I think about the both daily and wish they were here so I could snuggle with them and show them how much I really do love them, even though all I have are imagined babies to think of them as. Though people say it, it really is not true and don't let them convince you other wise. By the way, Congratulations on your son. Treasure him like nothing else girl! Love ya

• Devyn
9 years 10 months ago #5 by Devyn
Devyn replied the topic: Re:Why shouldnt I love him
your story is very moving, you are wise beyond your years! all the love your child needs is you! dont forget that! You can be his 100%... just becuase others may not have the same ideas and their morals are misconstruded, you can be his solice and his support. He can find a haven of love within you.... I wish there were more people out there like you! Enojy your son!

More
9 years 10 months ago #6 by nishab98
nishab98 replied the topic: Re:Why shouldnt I love him
I agree how your child was concieved has no baring on what type of person he/he will be. I think what matters most is that you love your baby regardless what the circumstances are! You havemade the first step by keeping your baby and that says alot ;) I wish you and your family the best

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl