Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Adoption

More
9 years 11 months ago #1 by loveU
loveU replied the topic: Re:Adoption
You should do what you think is best for your daughter. I know I can love and support my daughter so I am keeping her. But if I even for a second thought she would have to do without or be in pain I would give her to someone who could definately take care of her. I can tell you really love her and that may mean letting her go if you have to. Good Luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #2 by Amber18
Amber18 replied the topic: Re:Adoption
bweber wrote:

hun i know how hard it is to be 18 with a baby, i am doing it. and i also know the other side of the adoption thing because i was adopted when i was little, my birth parents were really young and i was the 4th baby they had and they couldnt take care of us so they decide to let us go and i am now back in contact with them both and it hurt them so much to let us go butbeing so young with 4 kids they just couldnt do it, but that doesnt mean they didnt love us.......im not saying give her up or keep her and not be able to take care of her im just saying follow ur heart!...keeping her may make it harder and take a little langer to get into college but u can do it, i am still trying (i had my baby june 2nd of this year and got married feb 2nd of this year)....

Thanks a lot. That helps a lot. Was ment to see social worker today but she's cancelled.

More
9 years 11 months ago #3 by bweber
bweber replied the topic: Re:Adoption
hun i know how hard it is to be 18 with a baby, i am doing it. and i also know the other side of the adoption thing because i was adopted when i was little, my birth parents were really young and i was the 4th baby they had and they couldnt take care of us so they decide to let us go and i am now back in contact with them both and it hurt them so much to let us go butbeing so young with 4 kids they just couldnt do it, but that doesnt mean they didnt love us.......im not saying give her up or keep her and not be able to take care of her im just saying follow ur heart!...keeping her may make it harder and take a little langer to get into college but u can do it, i am still trying (i had my baby june 2nd of this year and got married feb 2nd of this year)....

More
9 years 11 months ago #4 by Amber18
Amber18 replied the topic: Re:Adoption
Erm with the adoption i may be able to have very little contact letters etc but that is all. I have been having counselling atm which i recieved from Social services i i got a grant to have 8 sessions free.

Thanks for all the comments it really helps. I just hope i can come to a decision soon because its not fair on her she's almost 3 months and not really knowing anything. Would help if her rather would grow up and take some resonsibility but that will never happen!

More
9 years 11 months ago #5 by breathless
breathless replied the topic: Re:Adoption
Before I say anything else there is something you really need to know. You said that \"She's all i think about and i feel terrible for just giving up on her.\" You DID NOT give up on her!! You gave her life and you're trying to do the best you can for her, that is not giving up. You are approaching this as a strong woman and I congratulate you on that. I am only fifteen years old and any day now I am having my son who I've decided to keep, this will be a challenge for me but I chose life for him, and I've chosen to keep him because I believe that is what is best for him, and whatever decision you come too, I know it will be in her best interest. I am so happy to hear you gave your child life, that is the best thing you could've done. I wish you the best of luck hun, stay strong and you can do this!!
-Anna

More
9 years 11 months ago #6 by vtdavis
vtdavis replied the topic: Re:Adoption
Hey Amber, So glad you wrote your post! I'm an adoptive mom, and the nurse for the site. I just want you to know, that I understand your feelings. My 6 yo is adopted, and I know his birth-mom went through hell at first. But she is my hero!!! She had a rough time the first 3 years, but now she is married and has a little girl. We have an open adoption...I wanted it that way (and so did she). I think it is so important for my son to know who his \"other family\" is! It's really fun now, because he knows he is special because he has 2 mom's and he feels sorry for kids who don't. His birth-mom is more like a big sister now, or an aunt.
Will this adoption situation be open? And did you get counseling from the agency so you KNOW you are doing the right thing (whether it's parenting or continuing with the adoption?) Your feelings are normal and understandable! You can write to me if you like at Vicki@standupgirl.com I'm really proud of you!!! Whether you parent or place, you are a hero for doing the most loving thing for your precious baby. Blessings!

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl