Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

Is it wrong

More
10 years 8 months ago #1 by somebody2love
somebody2love replied the topic: Re:Is it wrong
No, you're not being selfish. The thing is that you're only 14 (like me) and you are just sick and tired of children right now. Ther'es absolutely nothing wrong with that. You just have to be careful where your thoughts take you. Don't hate the children just because they cry and make dirty diapers...that is definitely not the right thing to do. Just love them like a dutiful Aunt should, and that will be just fine for now.

Now, in regards to children, if you don't want kids, don't get pregnant! It's simple as that...[] better yet...don't have sex until you are married/ready for a child.

I wish you luck, dear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2 by Meg11
Meg11 replied the topic: Re:Is it wrong
I dont think you are cruel or selfish....I used to feel the same way about my sister and her kids...I would be on th ecouch watching tv in the morning and her kids would be eating chips out of the bag and making a mess and she would be in bed....my nephew used to pee in the mop bucket and it was gross....my neice used to steal my stuff and hide things....I love my sister very much and she has changed over the years...when I look back it wasnt that I didnt ever want kids I just had the fear of being a bad mom...her kids are not and were not bad kids they just needed guidance and dicipline...she needed to clean up after them and get out of bed and give them breakfast....when I finally had my daughter I related to her alot more...kids are tough..they need constant supervision, freequent meals, they need to be cleaned up alot, have their hands washed, they need rules and consequences for not following them.....I learned the hard way but kids need two parents (it is possible to do it alone I did for 4 1/2 yrs) from the sounds of it your sisters have had premarital sex and your family has been left to deal with their consequences....praise God that you can see the challenges they go through...let this example in front of you \"scare\" you into not having sex untill you are married....If you are married one day and get pregnant I know your heart will be more willing to keep the baby instead of adopting (plus your husband and his family wouldnt be too happy about adoption LOL) I try my hardest to keep my kids in line...when we go out to dinner with all 3 kids we usually end up having a couple people come up to us and tell us \"Your kids are so well behaved....\" it takes alot of hard work but not everyones kids are a nightmare...I teach my kids to say excuse me if they need to say something...they are not allowed to interrupt an adult conversation....they go to the corner for not listening..they pick up their toys when asked...they say please and thank you...etc.etc. when you are married and decide to try it out and have a child or 2 or 3 or 4 LOL Raise that child to be respectful of other peoples things and to use good behavior dont let them be a nuisance...my kids are happy and they have alot of fun...but every where we go people are amazed at how they listen and obey.....dont let someones lack of parenting and responsibility steal away the joy you can receive from a baby one day......Meg

More
10 years 8 months ago #3 by kez_mummy_2_skye
kez_mummy_2_skye replied the topic: Re:Is it wrong
I dont think you are being selfish. I think it would be cruel if you were to get pregnant and then neglect a baby you dont want but if thats what u want its your choice.
You've probably heard it all b4 but you are still young and when u get to ur mid 20's late 20's you might find a great man and decide to have a family with him. So never say never!

More
10 years 8 months ago #4 by ericklirios
ericklirios replied the topic: Re:Is it wrong
Hi!

No, I don't really think you're being all that selfish. We can't really love others if we don't love ourselves first.

It's actually fortunate for you that you've been exposed to all this already. That way, you know what you'd be getting into if you get involved in sex very early. I think that's the real problem surrounding you. It's not the babies really but the sex that your sisters got involved in very early in their lives. Having babies is a wonderful but difficult thing. It gets even more difficult if a person gets into it much too early.

Many people here say that babies are a blessing and yes, they are, definitely but one must respect babies enough not to just get into the brithing process without having prepared for it. Yes, young women will eventually cope with their pregnancies but wouldn't you much rather be the young girl that you really are instead of having to care about diapers, formula, baby clothes, etc?

What I suggest is that you go through your life like a little girl and not to try and be too mature too early by having sex early in the game. That just muddles up the situation. If you do allow a boyfriend that privilege, you then become somewhat unsure whether he's staying with you for the free sex or for you. Keep it clean, keep it simple.

If God blesses you with children, then that's something you should really embrace -- in the right time. Eventually, all the people who say that all they want from life is a career, success and no babies because of this and that reason will find themselves around 60-70 years old, alone and without people who could love them the way only children can. When my dad died at 72 years old, I was there with my two sisters and my mom. His friends who would've wanted to be there weren't because they had their own families. What would've happened to the man who was my father if he didn't have children? He would've died alone without anyone praying by his side, singing to him as he expired.

I love my father so much and I am so blessed to have my mother still around.

I think you'd eventually feel your life complete only when you've left a good brood of children behind who have been well taken care of by two parents who have showered them by love, understanding and sincerity.

Please take care of yourself.

Erick

More
10 years 8 months ago #5 by RonnieBo
RonnieBo replied the topic: Re:Is it wrong
I dont think its cruel.If you dont thnk you can candle children then you should give them up for adoption.It is hard taking care of children and it is better to give the children to someone who can take better care of them and is ready to take care of a child.Besides it better than an abortion.

More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by goodluckyall
goodluckyall replied the topic: Re:Is it wrong
Considering you've had to share your mom and your home with your nieces and nephews since such a young age, it's not surprising that you'd feel the way you do. You're not selfish or mean at all. Your feelings are your own and you've a right to them... you may feel differently in the future about having your own kids compared to your feelings about someone else's, and you have a right to change your mind at a later time. Don't worry so much about it now. Just enjoy being young and childless!

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

Need Help?

standupgirl contact becky

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl