Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

contractions

More
10 years 5 months ago #1 by navywife
navywife replied the topic: Re:contractions
they felt alot like period cramps for me... if you are concerned you should talk to your doctor, they should be able to help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #2 by Meg11
Meg11 replied the topic: Re:contractions
well some women have Braxton Hicks contractions.....you feel the pressure and you can even see your tummy \"flex\" but real contractions start like period cramps and some women get alot of back pain with them.....most babies dont just \"fly out\" even if your water breaks before you get to the hospital you should be fine :) alot of women (myself included) dont experience their water breaking at home or out in public. Alot of times your doctor will do it after you have dialated a little bit and when they know for sure that you are having the baby. I would talk to your doctor and ask for a detailed description of what labor and delivery has in store so that you are more prepared :) hope that helps....Meg

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by Suzy_n_Chris
Suzy_n_Chris replied the topic: Re:contractions
Could just be braxton-hicks. Your still ok even after your water breaks, it doesn't always happen at the hospital.(Unless your induced) ;D You know when the contractions start getting regular you should consider going. But if your contractions aren't close enough yet, they might send you back home until they are. Your case may be different tho. I am NO doctor, this is a TV educated guess, lol.

More
10 years 5 months ago #4 by kez_mummy_2_skye
kez_mummy_2_skye replied the topic: Re:contractions
You should know contractions if they are real.Its just an instinct.
Could it be Braxton Hicks? Are you getting the tightening of the stomach? I'm 33 weeks and have had some weird pains that i never had with my first. I hope all goes well and baby hides in here a little longer for you

More
10 years 5 months ago #5 by Mommyof2babies
Mommyof2babies replied the topic: Re:contractions
i would say your probably having braxton hicks contractions i had them off and on for a mos b4 i had my daughter and a couple wks b4 i had my son. you'll know if its true labor b/c they will be about every 5 mins and lasting around 30-45 secs..and yes it does feel like menstral cramps but way stronger! Good luck hun and keep us updated!

More
10 years 5 months ago #6 by InTheSilence
InTheSilence replied the topic: Re:contractions
I've nvr had contractions so I'm not an expert or anything but from what I've read it ses that ur stomach gets hard and the pain starts in ur lower back and moves around to the stomach. Good luck!
~*~*~layna~*~*~

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl