Welcome - Login and Forum Rules

Our forum is open to Registered Members to post. Please register for more forum features available to you. If you are an existing member please login and click on the category title to post. All content in this Forum, as well as the entire site, will be moderated. This means that anything written will not be posted right away but will first have to pass an approval process. This usually does not take more than 1 to 2 days if not sooner. Not everything that is written will be published on this site. We do not tolerate foul language or obscene imagery. Please keep this in mind when posting. Please limit the size of your post to 500 characters or less.

RE: raped & scared

More
10 years 5 months ago #1 by pandoragirl
pandoragirl created the topic: RE: raped & scared
Hello, in addition to everyone elses' condolences I want to send mine to you as well. I am a 25 year old who lives in SC. I was violently raped in January, and like you, found out I became pregnant. At first it was extremely hard to cope. It felt like my body had not only been invaded once, but when I found out I was pregnant, I felt like I had been invaded again for a second time. I have reported it to the police and they have not been any help. In fact they told me, since I waited three weeks to report it, they will not investigate any further until I am 14 weeks pregnant and they can pull DNA from the baby. I have also been told that in the state of SC, the rapist, found GUILTY or NOT GUILTY, still has parental rights to, what I see as, MY CHILD. I was absolutely disgusted to imagine that I would quite possibly have to share custody with the rapist!! I was outraged and expressed this with the police, they then told me if I don't want to prosecute then the rapist will never find out that I am pregnant and that I wouldn't have to ever share custody, but then this rapist is not punished for what they did and is allowed to go free and quite possibly rape another woman!!! I am greatly disturbed by the justice system when it comes not only to rape, but to women who become pregnant by rape. It is a horrible Catch 22

I want you to know my heart goes out to you and your three little ones, who will be entering your life shortly. I however will only be expecting one and it is still amazingly difficult to deal with!

If you would like to speak privately through email. Please post a \"yes\" and I will find a way to get you my email address.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Dnash76sugMolly

standupgirl app

Translate Our Page

enes

StandUpGirl Login

Welcome to StandUpGirl